Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know if using acetone to remove some adhesive (from a decal that got peeled off) would damage my heating strips on my back windshield. As far as I know, it has to reach the glue beneath the strips in which case the heating strips would come off. Any advice would be helpful.

·
Registered
183 Posts
my advice is don't use acetone, it will scratch glass. Use adhesive remover that is safe on paint and so on to remove the adhesive.

·
Registered
49 Posts
goo gone works for everything

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my advice is don't use acetone, it will scratch glass. Use adhesive remover that is safe on paint and so on to remove the adhesive.
Really? How does it scratch glass? Because I've used acetone on glass numerous occasion with no problems.

·
Registered
183 Posts
It scrathes glass if it has any kind of protective coating like autoglass does, also scratches plastics. These are like really really fine scratches.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Followup...

I finally got all that adhesive off my back windshield. Goo Gone and WD-40 did absolutely nothing, this was a really hard decal adhesive. So despite all the warnings I used some acetone and it all came right off and almost looked like candle wax shavings. I didn't see any noticeable scratches from using the acetone on the glass nor heating strips.

·
Registered
49 Posts
well that sucks, i thought for sure the goo gone would have worked, anywho, alteast you got the damn stuff off, congrats....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts