Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bomz has a 95-99 maxima bar that is ADJUSTABLE from the center (like the cusco ones) for $75, I found a site with the same thing for only 45 (with free shipping).
The only thing is, I don't think the ends screw in like on the non-adjustable one, so they can't be hacked off and made to fit. I was thinking that the center could be hacked, and screwed closer to gether...but there is a weld there...So I don't know.
Has anyone tried one of these yet?

http://bomzracing.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=888

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Crying Freeman said:
If you're referring to the front strut tower bar for the 95-99 Maxima, the brackets will fit the Infiniti G20.

You will need to cut one end of the bar shorter to fit the car and rethread it.
Yeah, I knew about that one. This one is basically the same thing, but it's adjustable in the middle, rather than the ends. I was wondering if anyone had dealt with it before and whether this particular one would work...

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
You'd need to measure and see if it adjusts short enough. If it doesn't then there's no way of shortening it, It looks like the ends are welded on and the centre has threaded collars welded to the ends.

One thing you could do is re-drill the brackets (or just one) a little further out then cut the ends off with the original holes to make it look like it came like that...Again, without measuring I couldn't say if the bar is long enough to allow you to do both sides to make it look symmetrical.

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
sweet find. i bet it'd compliment an adjustable Do Luck bar nicely. are there any advantages to using an adustable over a one peice strut peice bar?

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
Well, they do give you the dimensions it will adjust to. I'll see about measuring my stillen bar and give you those dimensions. Maybe that will help with your decision whether or not this will work. The other option is you could cut out the adjustable section in the middle, and get a solid insert made to replace it and weld it in. It'll end up being a solid bar, but you can get it made to be a perfect fit.

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
Yea they give you dimensions but not from the centre of the strut tops, so without knowing the distance from the strut tops to the point they start the measurement from then how can you check ??

If the brackets are the same as other bomz bars then someone could get the size of those or just measure how long their solid bar ended up being after cutting it to fit.

·
Questioning Answers
6,853 Posts
i have a otto (same as bomz) fstb.....ONLY $30 plus $15 shipping from parts express......go to the gallery & check out my pics

1 - 9 of 9 Posts