Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey again,

I was wondering how you adjust the clutch pedal on a P11?? So you guys don't think I didn't search..I did run across this..

"If you follow the clutch cable into the engine bay to where the bracket hooks onto the transmission arm, you'll see a ridged dial about 4-5 inches from the end. there's a nut on the other end of that dial. If you loosen the nut and turn the dial one way or the other, it'll make your clutch engage closer to the floor or higher up. Just make sure you tighten that nut back to the dial when you're done or it'll start slipping."

But that doesn't seem to be for a hydraulic clutch...can anyone help me? The clutch seems to be engaging a little higher up than normal. Some of you might say the clutch is worn down, but I just replaced it about 800-900 miles ago, so I highly doubt it's that..and I'm not too hard on the clutch...any info. would be greatly appreciated. Oh, by the way..when I did replace it, it grabbed pretty low to the ground till I broke it in..now it seems too far up...

Thanks!!

·
Registered
595 Posts
adjustment

look by the pedals under the clutch(by the linkage) pedal is an adjusment nut.....thats as much as i can advise.......use the search thats how i find it ..theres a write up

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
like you said there is no cable because P11's have a hydraulic clutch....so the item you have quoted above won't apply

Someone else will have to chime in, but I don't think that a hydraulic clutch can be adjusted because there really isn't anything to adjust....

·
Registered
436 Posts
Did you figure out how to adjust the engagement point?
I'm in the same boat, just put the new oem clutch in and it's grabbing a bit low.

·
Registered
350 Posts
As I understand it, the hydraulic clutch is self-adjusting. I don't know if there is a way to manually adjust the clutch, and even if you did, wouldn't the clutch just adjust itsself back to were it was?

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
I believe there is a nut on the push rod that can be adjusted. This will change the amount of free play the clutch has.

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
I'm am unsure. All I know is the guy who put my clutch in said if I need to adjust it just turn the nut. It felt good so I never even looked under the clutch pedal. I then looked it up online and got the same info. Wouldn't lengthening or shortening the push rod change the engagement point?

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
but adjusting that wont affect the engagement point only the free play right?
If you adjust the length of the push rod (to remove free play) it will indeed change the engagement point. It works the same as adjusting the cable.. except it's not a cable it's a rod. ;)

Now correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the entire rod assembly at the end of the hydraulic hose has slotted holes so it can be adjusted?

Mike

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I'm in the reverse situation - I wish my engagement point was a little higher off the floor...

So, I'd love to know if I can adjust the pedal travel...

·
Registered
232 Posts
Adjusted the clutch over the weekend (last weekend actually). Contrary to what lot of people said, you do not adjust the nut to adjust the hydraulics. Nut is for locking only (so that rod does not have free play). To adjust the rod, you have to loosen the nut, then turn (or spin might be better term) the rod itself to shorten/lengthen it. Rod has a threaded end that threads into "clevis" as it's called in FSM.

DO NOT try to adjust clutch with the nut. I made that mistake and almost had the nut locked in place (took me good hour to fix that mistake). It's incredibly cramped in there so you don't want to make mistake I've made. :) Reference the FSM to see what I'm talking about. (Note to self : reference FSM along with g20.net advise for safe/fun modding.)

After adjusting the clutch, it's much better positioned and seems to respond better (probably because i don't have to mash to the floor anymore). Hope this helps everyone.

p.s. This is for hydraulic type clutch on P11

1 - 15 of 15 Posts