Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, i am am pretty young to start off so my smarts are not that great. i am thinkin about buying a 92' G20 and i am wondering if it would be possible to swap in the engine from the sunny gti-r or should i stay with what i have now. i am looking for pretty high horsepower levels, but i don't want a car that everyone in my area has(civic, prelude, integra, 240sx, etc) and i want a car in my price range....so any advice helps, thanks.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I don't know about switching in anything from a SUNNY GTi-R, but it's possible to switch in the SR20DET from the PULSAR GTi-R, although it's a little more complicated that the more common SR20DET swap: from the Bluebird SSS. Actually, that engine will drop right in.

Pretty high horsepower levels aren't too compatible with "your price range" unless you've got a few thousand lying around. The SR20DE is a great engine, and it's turbo variant makes vast amounts of power, but power never comes cheap.

The G20 is a great car, but don't expect it to be able to smoke every Integra you see on your street. It's got good looks, and can be made for either "show" or "go" it's up to you. (just remember that the car is 3000lbs, and that most of them are automatic)

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
There is a lot of things you can do to the car to make it show & go. The SR20 engine is a solid tuner engine, but parts are limited to a handfull of manufacturers. Not like Honduh, where their a dime a dozen. The nice thing is their is some serious supporters of the SR20 that will give you the real deal and not just a buch of rice BS....

Welcome BTW

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
FF Drifter said:
The G20 is a great car, but don't expect it to be able to smoke every Integra you see on your street. It's got good looks, and can be made for either "show" or "go" it's up to you. (just remember that the car is 3000lbs, and that most of them are automatic)
You can do both show and go if you have the money. ;) The P10's are on average 2700lbs. Only the latest P11's crept to the 3000lbs mark.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Just tell us what you're goin' for exactly and we can probably narrow it down a bit for you (by the way, how much money are you willing to spend exactly? and are you willing to SHARE?);)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.