Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my muffler has just rusted through, and I am in the market for a new one. I dont want to spend a lot of money (since I dont have it) so I am looking at a universal exhaust from APEXi or Aerospeed. Anybody here have any experience with either of there? which do you recommend? Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
470 Posts
i was going to get the amg style arospeed muffler but many people have told me that the arospeed is really loud and vibrates the car...don't know about apexi though.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
JBLoudG20 said:
Well, my muffler has just rusted through, and I am in the market for a new one.
Magnaflow and Dynomax make some real nice stainless mufflers. If you are looking for a quiet, yet aggressive sound try one of them out.

I have the Maganflow SS 2.25" in/out muffler #14255 18" can with 5 x 8 casing and it is really nice. Fit perfectly under there. I wanted it to be quiet as possible with an aggressive sound. The factory muffler is approx 17.5" long so this one uses all the factory mounting points too!

Best prices on Magnaflow that I could find:
http://www.bigexhaust.com/

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How loud is your muffler? I am looking to gain a little bit of aggressive tone while increasing the volume. I love the sound of the SR20 Engine, and I would like a loud exhaust, but I dont want it loud enough to get pulled over. (Around here, it takes a pretty loud exhaust to be pulled over)

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
JBLoudG20 said:
How loud is your muffler?
Well, I can hear my intake more than the exhaust on acceleration. The only time it get's louder than I would like is when I am at complete WOT and just pushing it to redline through the shifts. But that should be expected.

Best advice is to get the longest muffler possible that will fit under the car and a resonator installed after the cat. And make sure it's a quality piece. If not, you will prob' get some strange resonating tinny sounds from the can similiar to what you here from many Honda exhausts. Most people use non-louvered glasspacks made by Dynomax, Magnaflow, Wagner, etc. I went with the Dynomax Thrush glasppack which is 18" long.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts