Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody tried this? It seems simple enough to install a replacement horn.

I'm tired of my p11 horn sounding like the whine of a preteen girl. Something a little louder/more robust is in order, and there are certainly plenty of options available for little cash spent.

No write-ups though on this topic, so I wondered if anyone has already done this...

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There's a lot of fiamm products available for pretty cheap. They have "high tone", "low tone", and novelty types...I think I'd prefer a low tone. How complex is the install?

·
♥
3,947 Posts
i have 3 air horns with a little compressor installed behind the bumper. its just one of the $60 pep boys ones, but its loud, and gets EVERYONES attention.

·
looking for a can opener
2,399 Posts
There's a lot of fiamm products available for pretty cheap. They have "high tone", "low tone", and novelty types...I think I'd prefer a low tone. How complex is the install?
as easy as cutting the 2 wires that go to each horn and connecting them to the new one
then you have to find a creative way to mount them

i need to stop being lazy and do this too
im too embarrassed to even use the horn, it sounds so ***

·
looking for a can opener
2,399 Posts
just replaced mine today

very easy. self grounded so only 1 wire to it, just unplug and reconnect to new horn
took less than 1min

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
very easy. self grounded so only 1 wire to it, just unplug and reconnect to new horn
took less than 1min
I replaced mine a few years ago with the Highway horn or something like that from Autozone, I think they're fiamm. Stockers are way too sissy/wimpy.

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
i have 3 air horns with a little compressor installed behind the bumper. its just one of the $60 pep boys ones, but its loud, and gets EVERYONES attention.
please make a short video. i always wanted air horns.

·
♥
3,947 Posts
1 short video comin' up.. stay tuned 5 pm MST

·
CH0DEmobile
3,202 Posts
I have a FIAMM dual air horn set I never got around to installing, came off my friend's civic. Maybe I should do that this weekend.

·
♥
3,947 Posts
:lol:

only the tip of the longest horn can be seen from a normal position.

·
♥
3,947 Posts
yeh. my pos camera doesnt do it much justice. i have alot of fun with it at the least

·
looking for a can opener
2,399 Posts
I replaced mine a few years ago with the Highway horn or something like that from Autozone, I think they're fiamm. Stockers are way too sissy/wimpy.
yea the loudest they had
but its not anything obnoxious, sounds normal actually
im not embarrassed to use it now

2,438 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wow, I was thoroughly confused when I pushed the horn.. I was parting ways with my dad while driving on a pretty busy street, so I gave him the old two-honk.. Whatever the hell noise that came out of the engine bay had me like :confused:

:lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8dlRRWgs5s

only the tip of the longest horn can be seen from a normal position.
That looks so funny from that angle

1 - 20 of 20 Posts