Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just installed an aftermarket HU and unlike the factory CD player when u have a CD in it the anttena goes up. Is there any way to correct this problem i want the anttena to stay down when i have a CD in my aftermarket HU. thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
...There is no wriing trick to this. If you have all the wires on the harness hooked up right (power antena wire), the cd player is to blame. Personally, I would replace the power crap..or break it off.:).

·
no rainguard clips...FML
4,132 Posts
my power antenna wire is connected to the amp lead at the back of the HU, so like yours, my antenna comes up everytime i use the deck regardless of CD or radio. if there is a way to make it like stock, it probably has to come straight from the HU maker. havent heard of anyone being able to wire it any different to get it to work like stock.

just gotta live with it

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
WOW!

I hope I don't have this problem. If I figure it out I will let you guys know.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
would you really want to raise and lower the thing everytime? I say rip it off and replace it with something plastic and classy in appearance..

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
popthedwarf said:
would you really want to raise and lower the thing everytime? I say rip it off and replace it with something plastic and classy in appearance..
I want one like Marla's... Do you know which one that is?

·
no rainguard clips...FML
4,132 Posts
popthedwarf said:
plastic is classy in appearance? :zoinks:

i think the clean look of a little silver button on a car when the radio is off (when you take most of your pics and when youre parked where people are most likely to notice your car) is 10x "classier" then a plastic stick. given the plastic stick MAY be more durable through the years, i'd rather much prefer my power antenna. :)

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
not plastic, rubber :)...And you know how classy a bent antena looks? I dunno. But you are right plastic and classy dont go together. (I dun want a silver button in my [email protected]!!!)

·
no rainguard clips...FML
4,132 Posts
when i first got the car, the antenna was stuck halfway on the UP position and would go up a little more when the radio was on. i got sick of this the other day and just shoved it back in its hole. now...it goes fully up and fully down :cool: brute force wins this one!

on a side note about the silver button : paint the tip flat back or to color. i may do that so it isnt so shiney.

another side note: i JUST remembered that the deck that came with the car (some cheap old school eclipse) DID have the antenna down for cd and antenna up for radio function. that deck has to be atleast 10 years old....wtf. so now i know there IS a way....someone just has to figure it out please :lick:

·
Registered
796 Posts
I think it depends on the headunit. My Pioneer has separate remote turn on and power antenna leads, but it powers the antenna when the radio is on (regardless of if I am listening to it or not). Yes I know it sucks, but I have learned to deal with it.

PS: Is there a way to replace just the antenna part, mine got bent when I forgot to turn the radio off and I pulled up under a low hanging tree....

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
junknstuff said:
when i first got the car, the antenna was stuck halfway on the UP position and would go up a little more when the radio was on. i got sick of this the other day and just shoved it back in its hole. now...it goes fully up and fully down :cool: brute force wins this one!

on a side note about the silver button : paint the tip flat back or to color. i may do that so it isnt so shiney.

another side note: i JUST remembered that the deck that came with the car (some cheap old school eclipse) DID have the antenna down for cd and antenna up for radio function. that deck has to be atleast 10 years old....wtf. so now i know there IS a way....someone just has to figure it out please :lick:
My Kenwood Excelon Series Headunit has a power antenna lead and an amp turn on lead. So I would have to say that one is antenna and the other is for amp. I would have to see the wiring diagram of the Eclipse to determine if the antenna would go up if just the CD, Aux or Sirius would be selected.

I don't have my headunit yet, so I will not know for at least a week.

UPS shows a delivery date of 12 June 2006. Hopefully it gets here then.

·
no rainguard clips...FML
4,132 Posts
Diamond_G said:
PS: Is there a way to replace just the antenna part, mine got bent when I forgot to turn the radio off and I pulled up under a low hanging tree....
^^this is how people end up with bent/broken antenna masts and why i want it to go down when im listening to cds (which is 80% of the time!).

btw here is an ebay link for that masts itself
http://cgi.ebay.com/Infiniti-G20-1991-1997-Power-Antenna-MAST-NEW_W0QQitemZ4646223002QQihZ002QQcategoryZ6755QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
junknstuff said:
^^this is how people end up with bent/broken antenna masts and why i want it to go down when im listening to cds (which is 80% of the time!).

btw here is an ebay link for that masts itself
http://cgi.ebay.com/Infiniti-G20-1991-1997-Power-Antenna-MAST-NEW_W0QQitemZ4646223002QQihZ002QQcategoryZ6755QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
What about the base? What base do you need? Masts are easy, it's the base is what is important. Antenna amplifier would be nice also, but I have had problems with noise in the audio system with antenna amps.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts