Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been reading stuff on here about bypassing the amps, using an inverter(or whatever it is), and rewiring everything. Is this correct: I can install my new deck and physically run speaker wire to each speaker from the deck. The amps will still turn on though won't they? I have an amp I want to use for my subs. I should just be able to hook up the RCA's to the deck with no problems, right? I just don't want to be drawing current from the alternator to three amps when I'm only needing to use the one for my subs. I hope this isn't too confusing. I hope this will work. Will it? Thanx!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone? C'mow nah! Help a bruthuh owt! Somebody's got to know somethin'.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
i guess you can just disconnect the stock amps..that wouldnt allow them to turn on.

·
Still learning :D
2,233 Posts
^^^ Bingo. It's just that easy :) You could also stick some jumpers into the amp harness and use the existing wires that run to the speakers.

Like this:

^^^Those'll be the jumpers for the passenger-side amp. Driver's-side will just be vise-versa.
PS. C'mon... No one is going to tell this guy to search? :D Just kidding.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Just having taken apart a P10 dash for the first time ever yesterday, I'll make a couple of observations/suggestions which people are free to correct me on.

1) Most external amps use a signal from the head unit to turn them on/off. If you've removed the head unit and aren't using the factory wiring harness, then you aren't sending the signal to turn the unused factory amps on. (this was the educated guess part)

2) Yes you can run wire straight from your HU to your speakers. The old wires will still be there, just inert.

3) Yes you can run the RCA's to your amp from the HU with no worries. Most likely those other amps will be dead with no turn on signal. (Where are those amps anyhow?) You can always find them and chop/unplug the wires running to them anyhow.

4) Question for someone that might know: Wtf is up with that funky antenna connection? I HATE when companies make custom in-house solutions for things that already have an industry standard. What is with the two wires? AM and FM antenna? Two FM antennae? FM antenna lead and a decoy to make me post this question?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Bou_Te said:
Just having taken apart a P10 dash for the first time ever yesterday, I'll make a couple of observations/suggestions which people are free to correct me on.

1) Most external amps use a signal from the head unit to turn them on/off. If you've removed the head unit and aren't using the factory wiring harness, then you aren't sending the signal to turn the unused factory amps on. (this was the educated guess part)

2) Yes you can run wire straight from your HU to your speakers. The old wires will still be there, just inert.

3) Yes you can run the RCA's to your amp from the HU with no worries. Most likely those other amps will be dead with no turn on signal. (Where are those amps anyhow?) You can always find them and chop/unplug the wires running to them anyhow.

4) Question for someone that might know: Wtf is up with that funky antenna connection? I HATE when companies make custom in-house solutions for things that already have an industry standard. What is with the two wires? AM and FM antenna? Two FM antennae? FM antenna lead and a decoy to make me post this question?
1) No signal is still being send to the stock amps cuz all the new wiring harness is going is converting the stock plugs to the after market HU. So its simple just unplug the connectors on the stock amps and re patch them, so that the stock amps aren't in the circuit anymore.

just like LilAznFishinDude said, I had to do the same thing when I put my system in. Theres a thread some where on the forums about this whole thing, just search bypassing amps and you should get something about this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts