Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Administrator
5,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first impression of these coilovers were "wow these are shiny" :teeth:. Putting that aside, they seem to be a well built coilover for the P10's. While inspecting the coilovers I did find they are a TRUE 32 way adjustable coilover (I can count and feel all of the clicks, its not just an advertised gimmick as some companies do); they also come with bump stops, strut sleeves, springs, adjustment tools and dampening tool adjuster which are all pre-assembled for you before shipment.

The set I received was their standard 8kg front, 6kg rear spring rates which equates to around 450/340 (roughly) which is a very well rounded spring rate for track and road use. The springs themselves are a 7 inch height by 2.5 inch diameter specification for the front and the rear, so if you feel the need to adjust these spring rates you can buy ERS springs, kSport springs, and many others for fairly cheap. I also received a pre-sale set which did not include nuts to bolt the coilover to the strut tower, I simply went to ACE hardware and found nylon locking nuts to match which are M10x1.25 for anyone looking to buy some. AgilityCo advised me they are packaging these in their system boxes but if for any reason you are short handed, now you know you can buy them at your local hardware store and what size they are.

Some pre-installation notes... I've been told their installation guide says to preload the springs by hand tightening the springs and then do three FULL turns with their adjustment tool, I can honestly that this should NOT be done for a daily driver setup for the P10. Anyone who deals with suspension regularly knows that this would make the ride very bouncy and harsh, and I have advised AgilityCo to update their installation guide with this information (mostly to have them list both options, so if someone DOESN'T track their car they don't need it so stiff). I also setup the front coilovers for the same height using a tape measure and eye balling their height BEFORE installing them onto my car. As luck has it (and more importantly how they are manufactured) I did NOT need to adjust the height on either side to correct any issues, they installed perfectly and the height was equal on both sides; often times with custom built suspension you have to compensate one side to the other (being the heights may be different on the sleeves). I was very happy about this not being the case with the AgilityCo suspension.

One note I have to address is the lack of brake line mounting points on these housings for the rear, for some this is not an issue (specifically if your using a SS brake line), or for people that really romp on their car, not having the mount is fine as well. I personally just zip tied the brake line to the housing using two zip ties which solved the problem. AgilityCo has been notified of this and are looking into attaching a mounting clip down the road, but many coilovers do not include this either. Also there is no mounting screw for the ABS sensor line, as with the brake line, I zip tied this to the housing as well which solved my issue. I must note that I take my car apart all the time, so zip ties are a regular thing for many removable parts on my car ;).

All that being noted, on to the installation notes. For me installation was very simple, much like changing your stock suspension, since most people know how to install these kinds of parts I'll just go over the basics of the install.

Front Tools Needed
  • 2x 17mm Wrenches (I prefer one ratcheting wrench and one standard wrench)
  • 1x Breaker bar with 17mm socket (for those tightly installed applications ;)).
  • 1x 17mm Deep Socket w/ Ratchet

Front Removal (Highlights)
  1. Remove Tire
  2. Place jack under LCA
  3. Remove 17mm bolt and nut from upper link
  4. Remove 17mm bolt and nut from bottom of strut
  5. Remove 3x 17mm/14mm (modified suspension) nuts from top of strut
  6. Lower jack
  7. Remote Strut Housing

Front Installation (Highlights)
NOTE: After installing one side, I found this was the quickest and easiest way to install the AgilityCo's as they are quite a bit smaller then stock/my existing suspension (They are a true coilover so they have preload = no real travel movement)
  1. Place Coilover In Tower
  2. Install 17mm bolt and nut into bottom of strut
  3. Install 17mm bolt and nut into upper link
  4. Slowly jack LCA and align top hat to slip into vehicle frame
  5. Install 3x 17mm strut tower nuts
  6. Install tire
  7. Torque lugnuts to 85lbs

Side note... I did not have to move the brake line in order to remove and install these coilovers, but some people may have to, I've done plenty of suspension swaps so I've gotten used to removing 2 bolts and dropping the suspension out (so I know the ins and outs/tricks of installing them very well).

Side note... If you have a FSTB, you MAY have to grind out the holes in your STB to fit these, as some teins/ground control/agx options use a smaller M8 stud and nut. I had todo this on my STB but after about 10 minutes of filing it bolted right in.

Front Install Photos

Setting this height will allow 1 finger length of gap, I went back and adjusted this to match the 2 finger gap in the rear

Rear Tools Needed
  • 1x Breaker bar with 17mm socket (for those tightly installed applications ;)).
  • 1x 10mm deep socket w/ Ratchet
  • 2x 17mm Wrenches (I prefer one ratcheting wrench and one standard wrench)
  • 2x 14mm Wrenches
  • 4x Zip ties

Rear Removal (Highlights)

1. Remove Tire
  2. Place jack under
  3. Disconnect brake line
  4. Remove sway bar end link
  5. Remove 10mm ABS line mounting screw
  6. Remove 2x 17mm bolts and nuts from stock housing
  7. Remove 3x 17mm/14mm (modified suspension) nuts from top of strut
  8. Lower suspension and remove

Rear Installation (Highlights)
  1. Place coilover in tower
  2. Slide 2x 17mm bolts through housing
  3. Install sway bar end link
  4. Slowly jack up coilover and align top hat to slip into vehicle frame
  5. Install 3x 17mm strut tower nuts
  6. Install 2x 17mm nuts onto 17mm housing bolts
  7. Use 2x zip ties to strap brake line to housing
  8. Install tire
  9. Torque lugnuts to 85lbs

Rear Install Photos

Setting this height will allow 2 finger lengths of gap, you "could" technically preload the spring and gain some additional height adjustment but you would seriously ruin the daily driving aspect of these coilovers...

Side note... I do have to say that these coilovers are meant for the track enthusiast, which means that currently these coilovers wont slam you to the ground. Their base application will leave you about1 1/2 to 2 fingers of fender gap in the rear, and the fronts you can slam with 0 finger gap. I've notified AgilityCo that they may want to provide a 6" spring option in the rear for our members/drivers that would like to slam their cars to the ground for cosmetics or for show cars. They are looking into this option and will be getting me a set of shorter springs in the following weeks to try in the rears. I also should mention that my tires are a funky setup with Konig Networks (15x114.3) and Azenis RT-615's. Take a normal 16 or 17 inch wheel with decent tire and it would probably fill in the rear gap nicely so the shorter spring may not be necessary, but I do like to give all the information as I see it.

Daily driving notes... I currently have them set at 9 clicks UP fromt soft and they are very comfortable as they soak up the road yet give you a nice aggressive response when entering and exiting a corner. I have not found any leaks, creaks, noises, etc yet.

Overall... I think these are a very good choice for P10's, for daily driving they are quite comfortable, they are VERY easy to install, AgilityCo packages everything you need to adjust these coilovers as well as maintain their performance (strut sleeves, etc). I would definitely recommend these to anyone looking for a true coilover upgrade for their P10. Also I'd have to mention that my tire size and fender gap will look strange as I run Azenis RT615's 205/50/r15's which are a funky size, any regular beefy tire will fill in the tire gap much better then how mine appears.

Exterior Shots...

AgilityCo Contact Email: [email protected]
AgilityCo Online Store P10 Suspension: http://agilityco.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=2234633
AgilityCo Online Store P11 Suspension: http://agilityco.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=2234636
AgilityCo Product Announcement: http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?t=81908
AgilityCo Website: http://www.agilityco.com

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
Thanks for the review! These look like a really great solution in terms of initial performance. We'll see how they are in terms of long term durability, but with the way they're built, I'd be pretty optimistic.

As for the spring heights, sounds good to me. ;) I'm more interested in performance than in looks, so no need to slam the car.

·
Administrator
5,071 Posts
Wow... nice, detailed write up! I have seen this suspension and it DOES look nice! I haven't gone for a ride in his car (or driven it) with the suspension in it yet, but I will in the future (I think?). :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
VERY cool review! My struts are on their way out so I have an excuse to purchase coilovers next spring... these are definitely on the top of my list :)

·
Administrator
5,071 Posts
If I did not already have a cool suspension setup, I would be getting these!

VERY cool review! My struts are on their way out so I have an excuse to purchase coilovers next spring... these are definitely on the top of my list :)

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts

·
Administrator
5,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the review! These look like a really great solution in terms of initial performance. We'll see how they are in terms of long term durability, but with the way they're built, I'd be pretty optimistic.

As for the spring heights, sounds good to me. ;) I'm more interested in performance than in looks, so no need to slam the car.
Yea, as I mentioned their really for track usage, but hopefully with a few changes both track and show people can be happy.

Wow... nice, detailed write up! I have seen this suspension and it DOES look nice! I haven't gone for a ride in his car (or driven it) with the suspension in it yet, but I will in the future (I think?). :)
I'll be out saturday at firebird if you want to come check them out since I'll be right down the street ;).

:thumbsup:

cool

they still havent made any for the p11 yet?
Yes they have..

Here is Curtis's review of the P11's.. http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1082966

AgilityCo's Announcement: http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?t=81908

P11 Photos Below

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
BTW, as Dan at Agility noted, apparently most of the P10 struts won't look the same as Jon's -- they will be exactly the same structural design, but with the P11 coloring. Which is probably good because they won't be yelling "STEAL ME!" from the wheel wells every time you park out on the street...

·
Administrator
5,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BTW, as Dan at Agility noted, apparently most of the P10 struts won't look the same as Jon's -- they will be exactly the same structural design, but with the P11 coloring. Which is probably good because they won't be yelling "STEAL ME!" from the wheel wells every time you park out on the street...
Good call, forgot to mention that. Mine was definitely a test color setup. The new colors look nicer :)

·
Administrator
5,071 Posts

·
Administrator
5,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
First post updated with photos. I have to mention again that my tire size is a 205/50/r15 Falken Azenis RT615, any normal sized tire will fill the fender gap in alot better then these tires and should reduce the appearance of fender gap.

·
Administrator
5,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I believe that one of the reasons you get a sub-optimal ride with cut springs is that the stock springs are progressive, so either you cut off the softest part and harden them a lot, or cut off the hardest part and go bouncy bouncy bouncy over every ripple in the road. If the springs are actually designed to be shorter, and the shocks/struts are designed for use with the shorter springs, I'm pretty sure there shouldn't be much of a ride quality difference.
This is true with my shigspeeds..

1 - 20 of 71 Posts