Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the GCs in and installed with one slight problem. My rear tires were rubbing on the lower spring perch of the AGXs. That's weird cause they never rubbed on the stock shocks. Since the perchs are not being used anyway, I just ground away at it till it didn't rub anymore. When I get time, I'll probably just get someone with a plasma cutter to just cut the perch off.

Back to my question, what settings are you guys running on the AGXs? I know I should figure it out myself based on how they feel, I just need a starting point. Geo, I remember on the Se-r main list, Mike K gave you a suggestion on the settings. I tried searching the archives but I couldn't find the post. My spring rates are 300f 8" and 225r 7". I think I'm the first to use these rates on a p10. I took it for a test drive yesterday (AGX set at 2f/1r) with Stu (GTA_G20) and am very happy with the ride quality. The suspension soaked up everything from pot holes to railroad crossings. With all the windows down, we could hear the bumps and thuds but barely felt anything inside the cabin. It handled corners well, even with my less than optimum settings on the AGXs.

Joe:cool:

P.S. now that the handling issue is addressed, time for power.:evil:

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Good job Joe. So how much did you lower it? Also you should take it in asap and get the thing aligned and corner balanced. I think theres a shop in TO that does corner balancing but you'll have to call Dom.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What should I do first, alignment or corner balancing? I figure I should do the corner balancing first since that would involve changing the ride heights. Do you still know Dom's number? Can you send it to me privately so i can contact him? Like you said, I gotta do this asap.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
JG20 said:
What should I do first, alignment or corner balancing? I figure I should do the corner balancing first since that would involve changing the ride heights. Do you still know Dom's number? Can you send it to me privately so i can contact him? Like you said, I gotta do this asap.

Get it corner balanced first, then get an alignment as if your corner weights are way off, they would change the ride height enough to possibly warrant a new alignment. A lot of places that can do corner balancing might be able to do an alignment too. I might suggest trying 1/2, 2/2, or 2/3 something in that range there. Although I think it depends alot on your personal preference and the roads you drive one (smooth or rough).

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I talked to the shop that does the corner balancing around here today. He doesn't have time till next week so I'm gonna have to wait, probably Tuesday. He told me that my fender gaps might look uneven after the balancing, how did yours look after Justin? Also, he quoted me around $250 CDN for the job depending on how long it takes, does that sound reasonable?

Joe:-\

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
$250! D'oh! Well I'd make damn sure they know their stuff. I've been to some pretty bad alignment places.

Could be the worst or best $250 you've ever spend. ;)

For $250 it might be worth looking into getting some used corner scales yourself.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
G-Forces said:
$250! D'oh! Well I'd make damn sure they know their stuff. I've been to some pretty bad alignment places.

Could be the worst or best $250 you've ever spend. ;)

For $250 it might be worth looking into getting some used corner scales yourself.
Scales will run you around a $1,000 US.

FWIW, I wouldn't bother corner weighting a road car unless it gets heavy track use.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
My fender gaps didn't really change too much. I think that they actually might have evened out a little bit from where they were at initially.
The main reason I corner balanced mine was because I probalby won't change anything for a LONG time. I had access to corner weighting scales VERY VERY VERY cheap (SERCA dyno day=)) where I did the adjustments myself. For a street/mild track use car like I have right now I just wanted things close. A percent or two off was still more than close enough for what I need. It really didnt' take to long to get everything that close. After I got the hang of it on my car the next cars went even quicker as well. Truthfully $250 is a lot to spend on corner balancing, on a street car. I got mine done for less than 10% of that price, but I also did everything myself... I'm sure if you paid someone to do it, it'd be a lot more, but $250 sounds kinda expensive, even with an alignment.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
G-Forces said:

Used!? That's some serious D'oh!

No, that's new. But used scales are expensive as well because the demand is very high.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well it might not matter after all. My brother got into an accident with my car. Still waiting on the insurance adjuster to determine whether it's worth it to repair the car.

Joe:*(

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
WHAT!!!!!!! I'll be back in two weeks to check it out

1 - 13 of 13 Posts