Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
G20 Newbie
6,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay my car used to be

TheBlazinAzn's and before that 96WhiteG20..

I'm trying to get info on the AGX / Ground Controll set up thats on the car

1st

The top pegs were cut off so it wont hit the hood.
How the heck do i adjust them?
What kind of upper mounts is that? it sure isnt the stock ones

left ones

They are centered like they should be

Right side

They are totaly not centered. whats going on here

thanks guys

·
Registered
127 Posts
Damn, you definatey have a adjustment problem if the middle rods are cut. I don't know how you can get around that.

The upper red mounts are Ground Control, and if the shocks are not centered, that's because the bottom rubber insulator is deformed or missing. The bottom isulator helps to center the shock shaft. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
damn dude i have the same problem..but i dun have agx i have gr2s..im thinkin maybe one of the rubbers is shot..or i need an alignment..is there a difference in camber?

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
how would the insulator move the whole to the side.
looks like the hole is suppose to be off center, and the mount has to be mounted on the correct position for it to line up in the middle. so you may have to rotate it.

what are you trying to adjust? im not sure how the AGXs work. do you rotate the rod or something? im not sure why youd need the top part of the rod unless you were undoing the nut...

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
so if you jack the car up take the 3 top mointing bolts off, compress the strut down and rotate it do you think it might center it? like the bolts were mounted in th wrong holes? just my wild ass guess.

·
Pining for "DMSentra"
5,558 Posts
rmyc said:
i know it's not roated.. the front g20 struts only go in one way and cannot be installed backwards

By that do mean that the mounts can only go in the 3 holes one way and the holes are "patterned"? Sorry, I just want to be sure what I'm understanding.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
I'm still guessing that its mounted wrong and that it is a Mep Mount
they got it rotated somehow. but I'm a newb so take it for what it's worth

in the Mep mount thread i found this
Loek's question

Mitch:
How are the bolt patterns specific ? is there a difference between the various distances between the bolts ? I guess I will know when the mounts arrive, just curious at this stage....

Mep's answer

Yes, the studs are not equally spaced all around & they must be aligned properly to fit in the shock towers. They are not R & L specific however, they can be used on either side.

As for the shock install thread, scroll down to find a post with an alternate link to the pics if the imagestation pics dont work for you... sorry for the hassle, but I have never taken the time to fix the links.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
sorry for the shitty quailty.. only pic i have on my pc at the moment.. ill try to take the driver side shot today too..

Mep mounts on the p11
(this is the passenger side topmount)

·
Pining for "DMSentra"
5,558 Posts
"Yes, the studs are not equally spaced all around & they must be aligned properly to fit in the shock towers. They are not R & L specific however, they can be used on either side."

From that I would surmise that there is no way they can be installed wrong. Unless the bolts are loose in the mounts and can be removed and then the mounts installed upside down and then install the bolts. (how about THAT for a sentence?:>)) But then they would not fit flush against the tower like his do, so that can't be it either. babbling again....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts