Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some Jensen speakers for my G. I knew the stockers were blown but I didnt really feel like spending a whole ton of money on them.

I got 2 sets of the crappiest 6.5" Jensen speakers I have ever seen for 9.99 a piece from Circuit City a few days before Christmas. Wouldnt you know, they actually sound pretty darn good (Its all relative I know) for how crappy they are.

Im not sure if the sale is still going on or not, but if you have a set of blown speakers. Its worth the 20 bucks you will spend to get new ones.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
I may have to jump up there for some new speakers for Kyras car.
I'll have to look for the factory speaker sizes. :smile:

·
no rainguard clips...FML
4,132 Posts
davew7 said:
What brackets are those? Are those so you can run the 6.5s' in the front?
i believe these are the same ones:
http://www.mjmautoinnovations.com/saksct65.htm

blair can confirm on that.

for the record though, i drilled 2 new holes in each door because the holes dont line up. still, worth it IMO. much more solid then those cheaper cavalier ones...

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Nice, they just go in place of the 4X6 so you can run the 6.5" Am I correct in saying that they keep the window from hitting and that they fit in the door panel with out a problem then right? If so then thats $$$ right there.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
davew7 said:
Nice, they just go in place of the 4X6 so you can run the 6.5" Am I correct in saying that they keep the window from hitting and that they fit in the door panel with out a problem then right? If so then thats $$$ right there.
yup and yup. I got them for 20 shipped off of ebay from the same mjm auto inovations guy that was posted up earlier.

BTW, total spent on this whole project was $41.17.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
ha I put 6.5 in the front long time ago, I did it the good ol' fashion way not with some fancy adapters, cut the sheetmetal, reinforced the grill, bolted the speakers to it with wood backing and voila 6.5 in the front....

·
Registered
304 Posts
Just ordered a set of these. I'll do some stereo work while installing the alarm. Thanks for saving me hours of cutting and building custom brackets. I can do it, but good ones take hours and I can just build a mini bondo enclosure on the backs of these when I have the time!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Yeah my parents bought me some cheap ass Sony Xplode speakers.. sound MUCH better than the blown factory ones.. They bought 4x6 or whatever they are.. I'm going to replace all the speakers with a decentset of 6.5" 2 ways

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm sorrry I really like my bose and I'll never touch jensen accept may be with a sludge hammer.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Heritic13 said:
I'm sorrry I really like my bose and I'll never touch jensen accept may be with a sludge hammer.
yeah but even new Jensens are better than the stock Clarion speakers that us "non Bose" people have. :dead:

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
trust me... the Sony Speakers I put in my G were 10x better than the stock factory Clarions..

any cheap 2 way speaker with an actual tweeter beat the stocks

Wizzler cones = :dead:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts