Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed trying to open my trunk today, that the only possible way to do it is with the key now. The keyless remote does nothing w/ the trunk, other then make the relay click on and off. The trunk won't open at all unless used with the key. Also, the in dash switch has the same result as the key fob. Any ideas? I have an 02 P11

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Try lifting the deck lid while you push the button. If it does not open, then you most likely need to adjust the mechanism that pulls on the latch. There are some bolts that you can loosen and then slide the solenoid assembly so that it pulls the latch farther.
Also, look into the latch assembly and see if something hasn't dropped in there which is keeping the solenoid from working properly.

·
Internet Mechanic
2,256 Posts
something similar happened to my p10, when it was raining out the trunk pop (keyfob) would work but it would immeaditaly relatch (you could hear it unlock and then relock quiickly), I was eventuallu able to open it using the key, and the next day the problem went away and never came back. Had it rained recently when this problem happened?

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
Not got Remote boot opening (Never did) .......... as I'm out of the car to get the stuff out / Put stuff in I find it no hardship to press the button :beard:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Simular issue - the door release clicks trunk doesn't even try to open (had my daughter lift as pushed also - no releasing) - and mine has a secondary issue :( the key won't work due to damage from an attempt to break into it....

Is there any other way in the trunk??

·
Registered
906 Posts
I also have this problem of where you hit the trunk release button, then it releases and relocks! Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Lets say I open my drivers door and hit the trunk release button, when I shut my door it will relock the trunk. So annoying!

If you have a touring model you can fold the rear seats down, otherwise its through the trunk.

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
satanshollow said:
Lets say I open my drivers door and hit the trunk release button, when I shut my door it will relock the trunk. So annoying!
Sucks to be you huh :tired:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hmm .... yeah sucks to be me - my car is not a touring model so no going thru backseat - I might be able to take a rod and go thru the center armrest and release the lid, but I'll have to look at the lock from the inside to see if I can even do that....

I won't be able to do anything till the weekend tho - as I am helping my inlaws with their car.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
You should still be able to take the rear seats out and get into the trunk. Release the bottom of the seat first and pop them out then unbolt the two nuts holding the upper rear seats in and you should be good.

Edit:

Mike

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mike Gosselin said:
You should still be able to take the rear seats out and get into the trunk. Release the bottom of the seat first and pop them out then unbolt the two nuts holding the upper rear seats in and you should be good.

Edit:

Mike
Agh - picture GOODNESS - (Have to do that to get to the speakers anyway - :) )

Once the seat is out the area will be open (as if the seat folded down)... so I could 'wiggle' into the trunk space (I'm 6 foot 3 inches - 200 pounds - so this is 'gonna' be a fun fit...lol)

Truely apreciate the help here. THANK YOU!

So - once I'm in the trunk a flat screwdriver should open the lid right? (please say yes, please please)

·
Internet Mechanic
2,256 Posts
The Siath said:

Once the seat is out the area will be open (as if the seat folded down)... so I could 'wiggle' into the trunk space (I'm 6 foot 3 inches - 200 pounds - so this is 'gonna' be a fun fit...lol)

So - once I'm in the trunk a flat screwdriver should open the lid right? (please say yes, please please)

on my 95 after you remove the seats as in pic above there is a metal bar that goes across behind the seats, which would prevent you from being able to fit, I guess you could remove it pretty easily but it seems to be there for provide structural support

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
No problem. I looked through the fsm and couldn't find much on the latch itself
(no pics of it.. :-\ ) I know when I had to get my trunk open through the trunk I had a hell of a time getting it open. I had to unbolt the whole assembly and jimmy it.

It's going to be a tight squeeze! I got claustrophobic when I was in mine.. Blah! I have folding down rears though.. so I did fit.

Mike

The Siath said:

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
Mr_Revesz said:
I noticed trying to open my trunk today, that the only possible way to do it is with the key now. The key-less remote does nothing w/ the trunk, other then make the relay click on and off. The trunk won't open at all unless used with the key. Also, the in dash switch has the same result as the key fob. Any ideas? I have an 02 P11
Hey! All is probably fine. And all you need to do is just toggle a small lever on the decklid latch itself. They put this feature there to lock-out the 'auto trunk release' as security feature. The only way to open the trunk with it 'enabled' is by using the key. I use this feature all the time when I go places and I don't have time to unload my trunk.

EDIT: BTW, when this 'lock-out' is not enabled, and you can use your remote to pop the trunk, I don't know about you, but mine doesn't pop fully open, and I don't think it suppose to either. It should just pop the latch open, and lifts up just enough to clear the striker on the decklid (trunk) itself. If you're somewhere and you pop the trunk from a distance, you don't want it to fly fully open for anyone walking by to go 'shopping' from your trunk......

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
satanshollow said:
Are they those black, rubber covered boots just under the trunk lid?
If they are, then it's doubtful those are the problem. My trunk doesn't pop up at all when I release it, but the release still works. It sounds more like there is a problem with the latch or the solenoid.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
satanshollow said:
I'm going to see how much those lift springs are at everythingg20. Are they those black, rubber covered boots just under the trunk lid?
Yes. They're the two rubber covered cylinders that stick down from inside the trunk lid, and yes they can cause the trunk to not pop at all when they go bad. They're only about $15 and very easy to replace...the dealer didn't even charge me to put them in.

·
Registered
906 Posts
mattb said:
Yes. They're the two rubber covered cylinders that stick down from inside the trunk lid, and yes they can cause the trunk to not pop at all when they go bad. They're only about $15 and very easy to replace...the dealer didn't even charge me to put them in.

Cool, thanks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts