Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i nedded to take my drivers seat out a while back and dissconected it but when i put it back in the air bag light still flashes do i need to reset ecu or something
casual

·
Registered
117 Posts
welcome to the flashing airbag light club! so far you are the second member!

yeah, mine has flashed since i aquired the car. if i ever get stupid and start driving fast, that little bastard blinks in the corner of my eye.

"no airbag! no airbag! no airbag!"

i know the car has been bumped hard enough to crack the corner of the rear bumper (the bondo left by the previous owner told me all about it) so i think the sensor may been jarred loose, or something.

someday i'll stop fu*king around with stock intakes and spark plugs long enough to have it looked at

:)

·
Registered
886 Posts

hello cas8 1999. first of all thanks for checking my pics at cardomain. wanted to reply with your question but don't know how so i looked you up here at g20.net. the model was FH-P4000 and not FH-P400 that must be the reason you didn't find it. i don't know if its a new model but if you're interested in purchasing car stereos, just take the model no. and check the prices at pricescan.com. you'll get it cheaper, a lot cheaper. hope this helps you out. any more questions just let me know.

·
Registered
586 Posts
cas8_1999 said:
i nedded to take my drivers seat out a while back and dissconected it but when i put it back in the air bag light still flashes do i need to reset ecu or something
casual
I had taken out my pass. seat a couple weekends ago to have more room to get at my in-cabin micro filters, when I put the seat back in I must have not fully put in the sensor on the bottom of it and my light came on.
At any rate, I rechecked it, made sure it was fully in, reset my ecu and now the light is no more. ;)

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the ecu is down by the under the glove compartment right? how do i know the ecu reset button and i thought someone said something like the ecu learns the drivers behavior and style of driving for the p11 and would that be anything i look into before i reset
thank you
casual

·
Registered
586 Posts
cas8_1999 said:
the ecu is down by the under the glove compartment right? how do i know the ecu reset button and i thought someone said something like the ecu learns the drivers behavior and style of driving for the p11 and would that be anything i look into before i reset
thank you
casual
As far as the ecu knowing the drivers behavior, I dunno about that, hopefully one of mighty G20 guru's can shed some light on that.
Theres a panel in the center console (For the P11 right next to the gas pedal.) Youll see a plastic screw, undo that and that panel comes off,

NismoPC said:
This is a modified version of the procedures copied directly from www.se-r.net, since this topic has been discussed a few times now. I do not know if this procedure is the same for the P11's, but can not see why it wouldn't be the same.

Here is the procedure.

1. Locate the ECU (under your dash in the center console passenger side). You need to remove a plastic panel to access the ECU.
2. Once the panel is removed look for a small screw covered with a piece of tape next to a LED on the ECU.
3. Turn the ignition to the ON position (engine not running).
4. Turn the screw fully clockwise, wait 2 seconds, and then turn it fully counter-clockwise.

Note:
The LED will start to display the code by a series of long flashes, followed by a series of short flashes. Your check engine light on the instrument cluster will also flash in the same sequence. This sequence will repeat. You can use this to see if there are any ECU error codes.

5. Once the screw is turned fully clockwise and counter-clockwise again, the ECU will be reset.

Go to www.se-r.net for more info on this.
FYI the procedures are pretty much the same for a P11. Im not quite sure what LED he refers too. But youll turn that screw, watch your instrument panel, the lights will flash, wait a couple secs. Then turn it the screw back counter clock wise. The screw will continullay unscrew (Im not sure why??) but I did a couple full turns watched my panel, waited, then turned it back again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts