Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dose any one have an air bag suspension kit on there G20? I have a 2001 G20t w/ Intrax lowering springs, but thinking on hooking it up w/ air bags. What do you guys think about that?

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
i'm air cylinders as soon as i pay up the remaining balance its a showtime air ride kit u dont want to put airbags anymore cylinders are the way to go now in days more reliable..

casual

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much do those run about for the kit? Would I be able to lower the car all the way to the bottom? How is the ride, pretty stiff?

JG

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
the ride is like floating kind of but really it doesnt feel stiff at all and it absorbs shocks way more then then conventional shocks depending on you can drop until the frame of the car is touching the ground if you want with some applications with big wheels sometimes people have to cut the wheel well so the tire tucks when dropped but other then that you can adjust the height while driving or parked.

as far as price it depends on what kit you get just up and down motion front and back together or if you want more options to go up and down on individual sides and etc.. and also a key factor in pricing is the company kit you buy some are made for show so all chromed out and etc.. so more expensive u get the point

a cheap kit before install about $900 few hundred for install and nice kit about 1500 then about a few hundred for install mine comes out to 2300 with install i payed for 1200 so far
casual

·
Registered
395 Posts
Hey Casual ridin on air is so dope... My friend has an Integra ridin on air. Trust me, it turns mad heads when you're rollin thru... just make sure that the cylinders u got are rebuildable. The ones my friend had weren/t, we actually took out the cylinders two weekends ago becasue they were leaking. And as for the ride, it feels mad weird, it's in the middle of riding a caddy and reiding a car wid no shocks if you're shit bottoms out a little... Keep it tight and represent... "Pimpery Pays..."

·
Registered
25 Posts
So how much and where can I get an air ride kit for my 93 P10?

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
a local lowrider shop with a good reputation will do the trick between 100 and 2000 for a good kit but it depends on style and functions and movement and what parts you get but average between 1000 and 200 thats with install

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have already called the biggest shop in town (Cool Cars, Louisville KY) and they told me there isn't a kit for my car. So should I just call other places??

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
haha this is g20 we are talking about theres no such thing as a place with parts for our cars specifically lol just joking

anyway what happens is theres no specific kit for each car its like universal kits that people buy and hook up on their cars some cars like honda had a specific airbag setup for them but thats about it an even that one is universal for cars that want airbags

the reason for this is trucks use airbags mounted under blah blah blah under the car as oppose to the leaf springs and the trucks with springs and shockss also get the airbags mounted in a specific spot

That spot could not be used for cars cuz our suspension setup is different then the trucks so what they did was for the civics they made a kit for the blah blah blah part of the suspension

for a civic kit would include for airbags
$1399
u get
front/rear-upper and lower mounts, four firestone airbags ,shocks tank,compressor,pressure switch,fittings,dual gauge, airline and hardware i gotta go for a sec but i'll be back in like a hour and i'lll post pics and explain what each part dfoes and how you can buy each part seperately and how that effects quality/price etc.... and show u some pics

casual

u can browse www.airride.com
that is mostly for airbags wich i dont suggest on a car i suggest air cylinders and i'll tell you why when i get back

i wish i could finish paying for the kit i got but i got so much i decided to buy all at the same time so i'm still short on $ if i had it done i could show u but for now i'll take pics when i get a digicam for you the setu i got is not a regular kit its like a show kit so it llooks nicer and may have a few added options

blah blah blah
brb

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Hey casual can you tell me more about airbag setups. I would like to have one on 1992 p10. Anyways please post all and any info know how how to setup this up. For example when I go the performance shop I need to tell what I want and need (list of parts). Thanks in advance

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
well first things first cancel the idea of airbags that was in the beginning now think air cylinders air bags on compact cars are a thing of the past now its a cylinder world it kind of looks like a shock absober but its a air cylinder
i'm def going to reply again i gotta go out with my girl but here is my email if i take too long on posting again so you can just yell like hey man hurry up on the post [email protected] i'll hit you back detailed brb
casual

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Just to let you guys in on something a shop in miami is doing an air setup for a p11. the front will have pistons and the back will have air bags. thi is why, the front has a long shock so the piston rod has enough play there, how ever the back will have bags because when the cylinder rod is compressed the car at stock height is slightly higher then the piston its self. there for having bags in the back will allow the car to tuck a lot more, on a stock tire the cr is tucking about 1-2 inches. i know this cause ive seen it on a P11 that there using to test it on. basically the piston is too big for the rear in a P11 but its better for a P10.

·
Registered
279 Posts
i have bags

i have bags on the rear of my car and they make them for the front also i got them from aim industries just so everyones know that if you use air cylinders you will need accumilators if not your car will ride like shit im gettin ready to order my front bags next month and i am on 19s with the bags in the rear and intrax in front the back is so smooth and the front will be too very soon also it took my about half hour to install my air struts in the rear but i also do air bags installs on the side so i know right much about the stuff so

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
since you do this on the side let me know how much you can get me a showrtime kit cylinders no bags for front and back up and down only kit the hop around my way is charging me 1500 for the kit and 400 for install only reason i chose the showtime kit was cuz it was alll chrome peices maybe you know of another one thats cheaper
casual

·
Registered
279 Posts
kit

what all does the kit come with and does it include accumilators if dont get it i would use bags much better ride and better control cylinders ride like shit and blow out easily

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
accumilators included umm trying to remember off the top of my head air tank ,compressor, 4 cylinders the rear ones look a bit thicker in dimension then the front and all hoses and 2 remotes one wireless and one in the car the and the gauges only one motion for front and back together just up and down if theres any other details i forgot i'm just not thinking of every last part but its a full kit ..
See the thing is the owner let me drive two cars there with one that had the cylinders and one with bags the bags one did a bit of swaying into the turns i dont know if it really swayed maybe it was just that light feeling felt like it was floating into the turn the cylinders was alot stiffer but also very smooth and no play in it while going into turns so thats one reason i chose the cylinders
i also asked them what bads for each one he said the bags would be a cheaper setup but u have chances of getting leaks in it or it busting and the cylinders can blow too but my best bet seemed to be the cylinders

i payed 500 so far but i can stop and switch to another kit i just gotta know what i'm asking for
it seems like you think the bags are better maybe i should reconsider
i dont know!
casual

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Trag said:
Just to let you guys in on something a shop in miami is doing an air setup for a p11. the front will have pistons and the back will have air bags. thi is why, the front has a long shock so the piston rod has enough play there, how ever the back will have bags because when the cylinder rod is compressed the car at stock height is slightly higher then the piston its self. there for having bags in the back will allow the car to tuck a lot more, on a stock tire the cr is tucking about 1-2 inches. i know this cause ive seen it on a P11 that there using to test it on. basically the piston is too big for the rear in a P11 but its better for a P10.

Which P11??? What shop?!?!

·
Registered
279 Posts
ok

well im sure the car with cylinders had accumilators on it also the rear cylinders are skinny the fronts are fat and with the bags you can stiffin them up jut by puttin a little more air in them or when they make them get them to make them on some adjustable struts that way you can adjust the stiffness that way i have had bags on a few of my cars and truck for years i have never had a problem if you get it done right you wont have anyproblem but i would go with bags if i were you

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
for the bag kit what should i look into cuz after that day i put the money down i never researched bags do i have to get less parts and do you think 1500 is way over the price of bags like what would be my around price with bags
casual

1 - 19 of 19 Posts