Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I installed my air filter and got the air box off, but the air flow meter "detector" is telling the engine that its not getting any air, b/c the air flow meter is on the air box (which I took off). It stalls 5 seconds after I start the car. And I can't rev it at all. Does any have a solution for this problem?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm not real sure how you put the filter on but the tube that comes directly out of the airbox going to the engine is where the MAF sensor is, you do not remove this tube only the box and tubing in front of the box then you attach the filter to the MAF adapter plate which bolts onto the MAF tube. The only other sensor to worry about is the temp sensor and you just have to make sure to keep it close to the intake so it can read the temp on the incoming air. I hope that helps.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not real sure how you put the filter on but the tube that comes directly out of the airbox going to the engine is where the MAF sensor is, you do not remove this tube only the box and tubing in front of the box then you attach the filter to the MAF adapter plate which bolts onto the MAF tube. The only other sensor to worry about is the temp sensor and you just have to make sure to keep it close to the intake so it can read the temp on the incoming air. I hope that helps.
Well, the sensor isn't on the tube though. The air box is attached to the tube with a metal piece and that's what the sensor is on, the metal piece. I can't take off the air box and not the metal piece, any other idea's?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
u can take that off its much easier to out the filter on with that off just when u oput it back on make sure that the plug is on there good wiggle it a bit and keep trying to turn teh car on. it may take a few tries. that prob with teh car happens to me as well when i take teh filter off

·
Registered
146 Posts
Look inside the air box and you will see four bolts holding the metal peace on, unbolt it and use that peace to bolt the MAF adapter to.

·
Registered
146 Posts
95_g20_P10 said:

is that for me??

No sorry, for the temp. sensor I have no idea about getting it in the filter with out drilling I just made sure it was close to my intake and I haven't had any problems

·
Registered
453 Posts
On my P10, the air box was easy to take off, including the metal adapter that houses the MAS. The bolts are on the outside of the box for my car. It also depends what kind of intake you have. Does the intake have the velocity stack adapter that fits onto the four nuts on the stock metal piece? If not, you probably just have a regular intake with not velocity stack. I don't know what can be done about that though. ??

·
Registered
19 Posts
gdalton said:
The only other sensor to worry about is the temp sensor and you just have to make sure to keep it close to the intake so it can read the temp on the incoming air. I hope that helps.
my buddy is going to weld a bracket on the intake pipe for me this weekend...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts