Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
looking for a can opener
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
took my pass. seat out the other day to put a lot of sh*t in my car. I, of course, had to unplug the sensor wire under the seat to remove it, but when i put the seat back in, and plugged it back in, the light stays blinking. I already tried the battery, im hoping theres another way to take it off w/o plugging a scan tool to it. Anybody know?

·
looking for a can opener
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I finally figured out how to turn it off. So I'll answer my own question to help anyone who searches.
Turn the ignition off. Turn it on, for 1 second, then turn it off(just the ignition -not the engine). Now you have 7 seconds to hit the door button 5 times. This will clear any type of memory codes unless the airbag related problem keeps happening every time you turn the car on. And when I say "door button" I mean the rubber button along the B pillar. Open the door and follow the B pillar all the way down. It's the thing that lets the car know if the door's shut.

·
drunken master
10,098 Posts
i hhave all data and nissan assist to. i have seen and have done loads of diag and clearig codes by jumpins grounds in the consult port. as some nissans abs system and air bag system is not consult compatable. but iu learned most things at nissan school

·
Registered
504 Posts
Jaralaccs said:
well I finally figured out how to turn it off. So I'll answer my own question to help anyone who searches.
Turn the ignition off. Turn it on, for 1 second, then turn it off(just the ignition -not the engine). Now you have 7 seconds to hit the door button 5 times. This will clear any type of memory codes unless the airbag related problem keeps happening every time you turn the car on. And when I say "door button" I mean the rubber button along the B pillar. Open the door and follow the B pillar all the way down. It's the thing that lets the car know if the door's shut.
Hmmm...that's pretty cool. There sure are a lot of cryptic reset procedures - I actually found a different airbag light reset a couple months ago. When I bought my G the airbag light was flashing, so I searched and searched and found another reset procedure. It involved turning your key to the ON position for 7 seconds and then off for 3, something like 7 times, if I remember correctly! Either way, it sure is nice to get the light to quit flashing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i had the same problem w/ the airbag light blinking...when i took it to the shop one day i noticed the mechanic messing w/ the door button, but i didnt really pay much attention to the amount of times he pressed the button hehe it worked though =D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Jaralaccs said:

I tried your method a few times and it did not work. What happened to my airbag system was I mistakenly disconnected the airbag plug on the back of the steering wheel trying to find my ECU to fix the inductive interference. It only dawn on me that I have disconnected the airbag plug after plugging it back and seeing that it was yellow coded.

Is there anyway to stop the airbag light from blinking besides going to the infiniti dealer?

·
looking for a can opener
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
justG20 said:
I tried your method a few times and it did not work. What happened to my airbag system was I mistakenly disconnected the airbag plug on the back of the steering wheel trying to find my ECU to fix the inductive interference. It only dawn on me that I have disconnected the airbag plug after plugging it back and seeing that it was yellow coded.

Is there anyway to stop the airbag light from blinking besides going to the infiniti dealer?
it took a few trys for it to actually turn off

·
Im a organ donor.
4,843 Posts
the button you push is gonna be in your door jam...the little switch that when you close your door it tells the car the door is closed...or open so it can turn on your lights as you exit.

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
This is why I love g20.net, pulled my interior today and cleaned everything because my car got caught in the flood in my parking lot last night, needed a quick answer to fix the airbag light that was blinking, thank you.

·
'Luke'
5,319 Posts
I was lucky to have a Nissan consult at hand to reset.

Otherwise this would have been my option.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
well I finally figured out how to turn it off. So I'll answer my own question to help anyone who searches...
I have an additional question for anyone who searches: What vehicle was this on?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts