Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone successfully remove P11 seats, disable the light and still have fully functional front airbags?

I'm tempted to take the airbags out of my seats and resister patch the harness so that front's still work and light stays off.

·
Dude, your bed is a car..
4,567 Posts
all you should need is a 4.7ohm, 1/2 watt resistor

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Woot that sounds easy enough. I've always been a bit afraid of playing with that kind of stuff, nothing like having an airbag go off on your face...

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh I'm not worried on that, I'm worried about resistor causing other bags to go off.

DMSentra positive and negative terminals, since the battery is not there it shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I read it twice to make sure I understood it right. He does say disconnect the battery first, that made it make sense.

·
Pining for "DMSentra"
5,558 Posts
I read it twice to make sure I understood it right. He does say disconnect the battery first, that made it make sense.
and without changing the subject to what component the terminals getting touched together are from. 6 posts later and it still isn't clear. The terminals of what get touched together?

·
Im a organ donor.
4,843 Posts
Watch out for the big bad wolf in the woods over the hill.

·
Top5DOA
1,967 Posts
Kevin be trippin

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well it's not worth removing the seat airbags. They only weight 2.4lbs each. The frame itself is the heavy part :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
all you should need is a 4.7ohm, 1/2 watt resistor
Has anyone done this? I'd like to be able to use my car with the front passenger seat removed.

I've always been a bit afraid of playing with that kind of stuff, nothing like having an airbag go off on your face...
I have a similar thought. The last thing I want to do is set off a bag or bags unnecessarily.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This didn't work for me. I wonder what I did wrong?

I disconnected both battery terminals. The next day I removed the seat. I put the recommended resistor in the plug left in the floor. I tried multiple times but the airbag light keeps flashing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts