1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i got a little favor to ask
ok i have some pictures of my car on this following page

http://www.cardomain.com/id/jasizbac

i was wondering if you could make my silver rims look like GunMetal somehow, i just wanna see how these rims would look in GunMetal or like some say Black Chrome.

If possible could you modify the last picture on the page.

Thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh and if possilbe could you modify the LAST (BOTTOM ONE) picture on the page.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
I just did this very quickly, but what do you think? I also tried to remove that blue mark on the picture, so the wheel is slightly weird in that area.

If that doesn't work copy and paste this into your browser:
http://www.geocities.com/justin95p10/graphitewheels.jpg

let me know if there is anything i can change or modify, and I'll see what I can do. =)

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
dude, stick with the silver, i think the gunmetal rims would make your car too dark. just an opinoin!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
seneb said:
dude, stick with the silver, i think the gunmetal rims would make your car too dark. just an opinoin!
i agree with u, they do make the car too dark and the silver look better.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JustinP10 said:
I just did this very quickly, but what do you think? I also tried to remove that blue mark on the picture, so the wheel is slightly weird in that area.

If that doesn't work copy and paste this into your browser:
http://www.geocities.com/justin95p10/graphitewheels.jpg

let me know if there is anything i can change or modify, and I'll see what I can do. =)

wow that was quick. I like it the way you did it, but i think silver look better? whachu think?

·
Registered
470 Posts
I agree with the other dudes...gunmetal will make your car look too dark. The silver rims look phat with the clear outs and the inifinti symbol on the side. Car is looking nice man.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Im personally a fan of darker rims, but that's just me. Do what you like best. Once you powdercoat the rims there's really no turning back. On a black car dark rims look cool, but a lighter silver colored set of rims would probably look nicer on a darker car. I really liked the way my konig monsoon's looked on my old car when i first got them (man that was a long time ago :surprised). Now with the lighter colored car (pearl white) I think the darker wheels look better than the standard silver color.

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
I have the same color he has, and i had gunmetal rims, you can find it in my early post at AF.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I like the gunmetal personally, it reminds me of the NISMO R33 GT-R LM Road version.....:*(

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Silver stands out WAY too much on a black car. I know because my car is black and I have silver rims. It stands out more than If I would of had chrome! Gun-metal gives that slickish complete look. I want to powdercoat my wheels gunmetal already!

·
Registered
470 Posts
In my Opinion....I think black cars with silver rims look somewhat luxurious ... while if you put gunmetal rims on black cars it looks more sporty.

So I guess it depends on what look you're going for. I wanted to keep my G20 luxurious more than sporty. Sooo...

But the rims, themselves, are tite.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Chekmi21 said:
that photoshop stuff is mad cool...where can I get photoshop?

any local computer store will carry it. You could look into something like Photoshop elements if you're just looking to start out with the program. It does most everything the full version does, but at a fraction of the price (still about $100 though).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts