Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok when i got my now type-Ss for x-mas one of them was defective(the glue holding the surround had come undone) so i took it back to where my mom bought them and they sent it back to alpine and alpine sent me a new one, WITH THE SAME PROBLEM!!!! so today i went back up there and told them about it and they tried to fix it but that glue is so unstable they undid all the surround. then they said they would replace my subs with 2 JL W1's, but those don't have the power handling that the type-s have. well they had some type-r's on sale and gave me those instead!!!!!!!! so kick ass!!!!! can't wait to break 'em in!

by the way, the cost to my mom for the two type-S: $180, extra cost to me: $0

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
man they HIT!!! they are a little more sloppy than the type-s but they still sound great!!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Sweeet!! Very nice.. was it a private shop or a nation wide shop?! Just wondering! I have only experience with JL's and they are great. CAn't imagine the Type-R's! Congrats

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
Type-R's are nice...when my friend had his civic he did all his speakers over with type-r's. components, coaxials, and a 10" sub...sounded great...hard hitting and clear.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
I just put Type-S 6.5" in the rear deck of the P10 and they sound great. I'm thinking I'm gonna take back the 4X6 and get some type s speaks for the front. I have read that you can put 6.5 in the doors with modding. Can a person fit say some 5" in the doors without any modding so to speak?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
your mom got a good deal. i'm a fan of alpine as well for 'good subs' :)

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
remember, the deal was for the type-S. and even that was a great deal, knocking 45 bucks off the msrp.

·
Administrator
5,071 Posts
Koojo said:
I have one TypeR in the trunk and it's all the sound I need, hits hard
What size is your sub?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i checked his website its a 12"

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
a POS sealed, i really need a better box to get the most out of them. the box is about 1 cubic foot of airspace pre woofer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts