Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just changed out the thermostat but as i was driving to work this morning, the car started overheating again. it seems worse now because when i turned on the heater before, it would cool the engine down but that didnt help. do you suppose that the water pump is bad?

please, help me.

thanks

·
Registered
89 Posts
'stat replacement

I've never changed the thermostat on a G20 but, I know on other cars, it is easy to replace the 'stat upsidedown! Sure the fan is working?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm pretty sure that i put it in the right way. are you talking about upside down or inside out? either way, i put it in the same way that i took it out.

the fan does run but i dont understand why it would cool the engine off before but not now.

·
"says here on your chart"
4,607 Posts
yeah your water pump might be going out, or you might have a blockage in your cooling system. my g was overheating and it was just my fan switch that was bad so the thing never turned on

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
As mentioned by others, make sure you installed the thermostat correctly. Make sure the radiator fan turns on when the engine gets hot. Also, did you bleed the air out of the system? There is a procedure to this in the manual. I am at work now, so I can't look that up for you. Maybe someone has access to a manual right now and can advise.

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts