Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My alternator belt started squealing today and when I opened the hood to tighten it I suddenly realized that the bolt that screws into the alternator through the tensioner "track" was completely gone. It has been a long time since I have replaced the alternator so I guess I just didn't get that bolt tight enough and it wiggled itself out. Can anyone tell me the specs on that bolt so I can grab a new one? I have a 94.

Note to anyone doing a alternator replacement on these things: if you get a remanufactured one tighten it only far enough to make the belt not slip, otherwise they go out every six months. I think I did a shoddy job with the install on this one because I figured it would be dead soon too, but I have a good two or three years on this one so far.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ran around in Lowes for an hour and a half until I found one that fits. Its a M8x1.5 25 mm. The 25 is a touch longer than I remember the stock being but it works. The only style I could find it in had a 7mm allen key head, but it works, and that's what counts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ran around in Lowes for an hour and a half until I found one that fits. Its a M8x1.5 25 mm. The 25 is a touch longer than I remember the stock being but it works. The only style I could find it in had a 7mm allen key head, but it works, and that's what counts.
Hey I have a question. My bolt broke off too for the alternator tenshioner. The specs u listed, is it long one or the short one that connects to the alternator directly? Or is the dimensions for both the bolts the same?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts