Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went over to the altima forum cuz Im considering swapping my G for an altima. They are trying to tell me that we are slower than they are. oops, P10 vs. 1stgen('93-97)?? Say it aint so!:monkey:

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
My girlfriend has a first generation altima 5 speed. Her old car ( also my old car was 5 speed P10 ) . My seat of the pants Dyno says that the Altima has more powerful engine but it is so Big it feels sluggish.

But I am sure a P10 could kill an Altima on a track with any sort of curve or for that matter a turn.....

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I'm sayin'. True they have a 150hp engine but they gotta weigh way more than us, no? We gotta be quicker

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Don't the old Altimas have the KA24 engine, like the 240SX? It might be four doors like our car, but I think the G20 has a lot of extra "luxury" amenities that might weigh our car down to almost the same level as an Altima...and if it comes down to engine, I think we're beat.

Let's not even compare the current Altima with the G20.

But I am sure a P10 could kill an Altima on a track with any sort of curve or for that matter a turn.....

·
Registered
218 Posts
Who cares!? You sould seriously drop your G20 for an Altima just because it's a little faster (10 more horsepower, whoopee!)? Sorry, but that's just plain stupid. If you like the Altima better, get one. But certainly don't think that an Altima is anything resembling a "fast" car.

Why do you guys care what cars are faster than the G20 anyway? Just enjoy what you've got. If it's not fast enough, save your money and buy a Corvette. All of this "my car is faster than yours" bullshit is stupid and immature.

You're old enough to drive, it's time to grow up.

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are other factors in my deciding to swap for the altima. However, if u read what I wrote I was just told this a few hours ago. I didnt believe em cuz they are all altima Junkies and I just wantd opinions. I never asked wheather anyone feels I should keep or swap my infiniti. I was only concerned about the validity of which car would be faster. I am not a racer so it doesnt affect my overall opinion. Im just curious

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Hey, I love my car and I wouldn't trade it for anything! Except maybe a Silvia. Or a Skyline GT-R. Or a 350ZX....

·
Registered
380 Posts
well i used to own a 1st gen altima and i would have to say that it was faster than my p11 but the g20 is a lot smoother and nicer. they both wiegh at around 3000lbs so the altima has the edge with 150hp to 145 or (p10 140)

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
The SR20DE has more potential than the KA24, period. If you think it's tough finding mods for the G20, just wait till you try and find part for the altima. ;) At least we have the sentra with its sr20de to piggy back off of.

BTW when I first saw this thread I was thinking of the new Altima 3.5 SE. Now that car rocks!

·
Registered
62 Posts
sorry guys, i love my G to death but the altima is faster. My first car was a 96 alti 5spd. It's not that much more powerful then a G20. It pins you in your seat quite a bit more tho, you can reach 65, almost 70mph in 2nd. The first generation altima's have a 2.4 liter twin cam 16 valve.

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep new altima is sikk (3.5se ofcourse)

G-Forces said:
The SR20DE has more potential than the KA24, period. If you think it's tough finding mods for the G20, just wait till you try and find part for the altima. ;) At least we have the sentra with its sr20de to piggy back off of.

BTW when I first saw this thread I was thinking of the new Altima 3.5 SE. Now that car rocks!

racing kill and loss list
killz

honda-everything they got lolz, well except the s2000
acura-ingera GSR, RSX-S, CL-S if i listed type R its only b/c i passed one by when i was parked lolz, nah no type R yet.
ford-mustang V6, V8, GT
chevy-caviler, malibu, reg camerro, haven't run into much v8's yet, odd i live in houston lots of camerros though,
mitus-eclipse gt, rs, rs-t, 3000gt non-turbo
BMW-343i, 545i, well watever those numbers are can't remember
mercades-slk kompressors, clk-230
porshe-boxters, carrea
toyota-corolla-s (is300(auto)ok ok lexus)
saturn-do i really need to list
(o yeah i'm not like some ricers who think they can take all carz, i know who and wat i can take, well sometimez)
cruz'd with a carrea GT2 on I-10 @125mph together, was fun

got killed by
honda-nothing yet
acura-had the honor of getting killed by a sweet ass azn girl in a yellow ITR
ford-cobra
chevy-none so far
mitu.-turbo 3000gt
BMW-M3
mercades-want to race my dad's boss's sl 500, will lose but hey dad's boss haha
porshe-that gt2 if he wanted to lolz
toyota-supra
saturn- are u serious

so he claims....boxster maybe??? Carrera no way!

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
Hey guys!!!

very often, the type of car doesn't have much to do which who can drive better...

...yesterday when I was at Road America.. there was this guy in an IS300 kicking butt and passing really high horse power Porshe 911s and BMWs...

...there was also this guy in a Miata who passed this guy in an NSX....

These were fantastic drivers (ahem -- semi professional race car drivers)....

My guess is these guys could get in our G20's and kick butt too!!

Although the type of car does play a role... a lot has to do with the driver of the car..

BUT does it really matter as long as you prefer your G20?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have had a 93 altima, and now my dad has a 2001.... and i would say my G20 is faster than both of them.... the 2001 i think is slower than the 93 was...

ill race my dad one day and ill tell u the results

and ill race my freind with a 95 altima with 18's on it

the G20 revs alot higher than the altima...

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I think the G20 isn't very far off from the 93-97 Altima. I have a JWT pop-charger, stillen headers and a few other things and this car pulls pretty hard. Mine's manual and i'm staring to learn the most effective (fastest) way to drive the car and it's not bad at all. The automatic G20s seems to have a lot of drivetrain loss. Does anyone know the wheel hp difference on an automatic vs. a manual?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Whatever the drivetrain loss is, the auto sucks power away from the engine, no matter what you do. Period. I agree with the above posts: it all comes down to the way the car is driven.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Faster how? If you want to be fast in a straight line, buy a mustang, or keep the altima because you don't get it anyway.

Going fast around a track is a completely different thing. That is what the G20 is all about. The suspension geometry of the G is top-o'-the-line.

It was Sport Compact Car that just featured a test with a Lotus Elise and a Mustang Cobra R. The stang had 347hp and the elise had 192hp supplied via a Honda (Integra Type R) block (this is the stock engine choice for the Elise). When I saw the dyno chart and the two different HP/Torque readings next to each other, I laughed at the difference. But the differences in performance were a whole other joke, check it out:

Lotus 0-60: 4.4sec Mustang R 0-60: 5.3sec
L Quarter Mile: [email protected] M Quarter mile: [email protected]

And the Mustang took an extra three minutes to complete the road course lap LOL.

Speed is not always just in the HP figures. Plus, like other forum members stated, the Altima lacks potential as far as performance upgrading whereas the G is all about how far you want to go with it. Lets not even get into looks.:smoke:

·
"says here on your chart"
4,607 Posts
okay okay what about the Bluebird (altima overseas) now we all know that it was available with awd and SR20DET. or am i mistaken? anyways, has anybody ever tried to throw the SR20 in an altima? and btw, i think the altima 2.4 is the same engine that was in the stanza, and the pickup truck. now lets not start to think that a stanza (piece of monkey shit) can beat a G20. oh well who cares as long as your G if fun to drive, that's all that matters, lets face it we will never be able to smoke an RX7 or a Supra. so lets stop comparing two different classes of cars here.

·
Registered
380 Posts
P10 WRC said:
okay okay what about the Bluebird (altima overseas) now we all know that it was available with awd and SR20DET. or am i mistaken? anyways, has anybody ever tried to throw the SR20 in an altima?
ok now this is a totally different story.. if u go by the altimas.net forum you will see tons of threads about this. no one has tried it as of yet because u will need $$$$$ and new axels and such but some people say they are trying. but i doubt it will happen

·
Registered
211 Posts
Actually, the stock engine for the Elise is a 140hp Rover unit...1.6litres I think

And while the suspension DEFINITELY shows by the track times, the acceleration comes from the car's extremely light weight and high power/weight ratio.

The KA24 does have more torque going for it over the SR20, but the SR is a FAAAR better engine, engineered for strength and durability, not trucks(KA24). Also, I seriously doubt that Altima owner's claim of beating all of those cars--maybe they didnt know he was racing...come on, he beat a BMW 540i??? It's obvious by his spelling that he was just naming stuff off of a list in his mind...Mercades, Porshe, 545 i?

In conclusion, take it to the track, and watch those Altima boys get passed by everyone there. Those new Altimas though...they're nice.

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
DragerG20 said:
Those new Altimas though...they're nice.

It was a 3.5 se. and i said a few were doubtful

1 - 20 of 40 Posts