Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i buy these JWT S4 cams from a local guy on sr20forum.com for $400. he got them from someone else a month or two earlier and never used them. he shows up at my place at night to give them to me. theres no light but i run my fingers across the lobes to check for any scarring. the lobes are fine but i can feel a little bit a rough area where the cam caps sit. i get back in my place and inspect them closer and notice significant scarring where the cam caps rest. the next day i call a nissan tech i know (i wont mention his name unless he wants to chime in) to set up a date to install the cams and the earliest time convenient for both of us is about 3 weeks later. i also mention the scarring to him and he says he'll check em out. me not knowing squat about cams i wouldnt know the damage tolerance to cams which is why i got the nissan tech to look at them first. so we meet up, get the car in the shop and he says no way i should put those cams in they are too damaged and will mess up my engine. i say well thats just great atleast i used paypal so i can get my money back. im also pissed cuz that guy shouldnt have even sold them in the first place knowing how bad condition they are in. i contact the guy and he says i took too long and he wont refund my money so pretty much they are my problem now. i have another friend who is friends with the guy i bought them from and he inspects the cams and finds a guy who can regrind them for me. is it my fault and should i be out $400?

i have several options so what do you guys think i should do?

1) say screw it and file a paypal claim even though its been almost two months (can i even win?)
2) get the cams reground and pay for it myself (gonna be around $200)
3) get the cams reground and make him pay for it
4) split the cost of the regrind
5) sell the cams to someone else letting them know the condition they are in and that they must be re-ground
6) something else

sorry for the long post but it is kinda complicated.........

·
*BANNED FROM G20.NET*
4,911 Posts
thats really fucked up...try and get your money back from him. use that $400 to get a nice set of cams or something else. Fuck that guy for selling you junk. Give him negative feedbackon the SR20forum...

getting you money back from paypal is going to be HARD. I doubt they will even consider giving you money. I read a statement from paypal somewhere...something along the lines of, "We dont care if you got a brick, at least you got something."

·
looking for a can opener
2,399 Posts
apoc987 said:
so i buy these JWT S4 cams from a local guy on sr20forum.com for $400. he got them from someone else a month or two earlier and never used them. he shows up at my place at night to give them to me. theres no light
do you live in a cave? you didnt even have a flash light?..not like it mattered because you had already paid him
apoc987 said:
i contact the guy and he says i took too long and he wont refund my money
how long did you take? buyer beware. you should have asked for pictures before you bought them

·
Registered
430 Posts
fuck it send them back get your money back if not beat the money out of him (not promoting violence just stating if you fuck someone over your gonna get fucked up)

·
no rainguard clips...FML
4,132 Posts
i dont even think you can file a paypal claim after 30 or 45 days right?

since you already have them, should either split regrind costs or make him pay for it all. but...i dont think he'll do either, personally.

definitely leave him negative feedback. it may hurt yours as well, but its all worth it when people read the problem

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
You wont get ur funds back from paypal since u waited two months... I say send them back to JWT and see what they can do. Ask the guy to go half and half.. If not give negative feedback and call it a day.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
4dollarg20 said:
fuck it send them back get your money back if not beat the money out of him (not promoting violence just stating if you fuck someone over your gonna get fucked up)
If that's how u handle your situations, then I hope your superman. :smoke:

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i think im going to try and see if he'll go half and half with me on the re-grind though i doubt he'll even do that. it hasnt been quite two months its been a month and a half but i contacted him 3 weeks after i bought them which was the day after i found out they were bad.

·
drunken master
10,091 Posts
horrable situation and i have been feeling for you nd trying to help find you a new set but I can do nothing to get you money back. As i se it for them to be reground they hve to read metearil and then tke meterial back off. It is alot of work to do it right.
I think you should take good detailed pics of the damage nd post them up so everyone can see what you have. The seller can not run from the truth. Bassiclly you cams were never installed and time should have no aspect. You bought a set of cams that were claimed to be in good shape correct? Now on that it is not your fualt that they are not or that the judgment by the seller be incorrect. I dont want to pull no strings but doesn't it seem possible that the guy you bought the cams from noticed this problem and thats why he does not have them installed right now?Possibly a way to pass off something he lost from. I do not sudgest you do the same thing.
I definatly feel for you in this situation. Let this be a lesson to members trying to buy used engine parts.(make sure you have detialed pic's of condition before buying engine parts) if you do not know what you are looking at make a thread and ask people who do.
I am the guy who locked at his cams and had everything set aside to do his install. The damage on them would have damaged the head. Id give it on the max 15k miles or less before the head would seez or cam would break.
I would and will never install a part in someones engine tht i would not put in my own.

Apoc I can not tell you how to go with this but i do wish you the best. I understand being out $400 is not something anyone wants to be.
I would have to say to the none refunder that let me put the cams in their car with everything done right and see if they get more thn 15 K out of them. My moneys on a broken down engine.

·
Registered
430 Posts
ERIKbronx said:
If that's how u handle your situations, then I hope your superman. :smoke:
nah i aint superman but i do know mixed martial arts. and i dont mind gettin my ass kicked as long as i stood up for myself and tried. no one should get screwed like that.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
4dollarg20 said:
nah i aint superman but i do know mixed martial arts. and i dont mind gettin my ass kicked as long as i stood up for myself and tried. no one should get screwed like that.
Haha nice. I know what u mean, but sometimes especially as you get old... and especially since u know martial arts, you should know to only make physical contact when u have to. :p

But truthfully, as u get older, you have to be responsible and bite the bullet.

·
Registered
430 Posts
yeah but bein set out 400 bucks for shit parts man ive been screwed on radios and that guy didnt want to pay me back when i showed up on his doorstep you can bet he gave it up.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
4dollarg20 said:
yeah but bein set out 400 bucks for shit parts man ive been screwed on radios and that guy didnt want to pay me back when i showed up on his doorstep you can bet he gave it up.
:naughty: :naughty: :naughty: ;)

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
you may want a second opinion on the cams...........

every set of used cams i have seen shows a bit of wear/discoloration/minor pitting on the cam "bearing" surface. specifically where the oiling hole is in middle.

post up some pics so we can see what kind of damage you are typing about.

a good test of "damage" would be to pull your valve cover, take off a cam cap and compare.

·
Registered
392 Posts
kick his ass. thats all i gotta say

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
octotat said:
you may want a second opinion on the cams...........

every set of used cams i have seen shows a bit of wear/discoloration/minor pitting on the cam "bearing" surface. specifically where the oiling hole is in middle.

post up some pics so we can see what kind of damage you are typing about.

a good test of "damage" would be to pull your valve cover, take off a cam cap and compare.
ive had two cam gurus look at them and tell me they're done and trust me they are. its not scraping or scratches, they are scarred and scarred pretty deep.

·
Registered
526 Posts
hate to say it but really you brought this upon yourself. You inspected a part in the dark without good lighting and said they were good. Then handed cash over......from there on the deal is done. No point i see in leaving the guy feedback.....for all we know he could have no clue about cams and actually thought they were in good condition.

Not trying to be an ass.....but thats how i see it.

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
apoc987 said:
so i buy these JWT S4 cams from a local guy on sr20forum.com for $400. he got them from someone else a month or two earlier and never used them. he shows up at my place at night to give them to me. theres no light but i run my fingers across the lobes to check for any scarring. the lobes are fine but i can feel a little bit a rough area where the cam caps sit. i get back in my place and inspect them closer and notice significant scarring where the cam caps rest. the next day i call a nissan tech i know (i wont mention his name unless he wants to chime in) to set up a date to install the cams and the earliest time convenient for both of us is about 3 weeks later. i also mention the scarring to him and he says he'll check em out. me not knowing squat about cams i wouldnt know the damage tolerance to cams which is why i got the nissan tech to look at them first. so we meet up, get the car in the shop and he says no way i should put those cams in they are too damaged and will mess up my engine. i say well thats just great atleast i used paypal so i can get my money back. im also pissed cuz that guy shouldnt have even sold them in the first place knowing how bad condition they are in. i contact the guy and he says i took too long and he wont refund my money so pretty much they are my problem now. i have another friend who is friends with the guy i bought them from and he inspects the cams and finds a guy who can regrind them for me. is it my fault and should i be out $400?

i have several options so what do you guys think i should do?

1) say screw it and file a paypal claim even though its been almost two months (can i even win?)
2) get the cams reground and pay for it myself (gonna be around $200)
3) get the cams reground and make him pay for it
4) split the cost of the regrind
5) sell the cams to someone else letting them know the condition they are in and that they must be re-ground
6) something else

sorry for the long post but it is kinda complicated.........
Definitely make him pay for it...he said they were in good condition and especially for $400 you spent...he should take the hit, not you.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts