Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was ridding in my coworker's car (99 Maxima GXE) and discovered that he had a AMB button on his climate control unit. The electronic climate control unit looks exactly like the P11 one but it has an AMB button between the "air circulation" button and the "temperature colder" button. That little space in between! Exact layout and everything. I always wanted to have that feature, don't ask me why... but it is my mission to find one. In case anyone has done this before, is it do-able? I am gonna try and convince him to let me try out his unit, but doubt he will let me. Hmmmmmm!!! :stare:

·
♥
3,947 Posts
hmmm... i know our climate control reads the ambient air temperature. there is a way to view it by entering a tech code.

lets see who can pull one off ebay first. ready....... go! LOL

·
♥
3,947 Posts
it wont work, the unit is to wide.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
You can view temp easily by holding the OFF button for about 5 seconds, then pressing the fan speed button up until you see "51" then press the "inside circ" button, and you can scroll through the inside temp, outside temp and the intake sensor temp.

·
♥
3,947 Posts
^^^theres the tech code. thnx, i diddnt feel like searching

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I read about the diagnosis thing but it has to be done 10 secs after turning the key. I like the 1 button idea! Let's say we are driving up the mountain and you want know the conditions of the road and rather to expect ice on the road. Given ambient temperature and elevation you may be able to predict that!!! :lol: Just thought it would be cool and add a bit of luxury?! (cause the more options the more luxury ?!) The unit does look wider because of the face plate... but if we can remove the internals + the buttons wouldnt that work? I haven't really looked into it or even the unit itself to see what can be done. It was just an idea!! Just waiting for the part to show up... ebay... or maxima.org (btw.. wth is the search button on that forum... arghhh!!)

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
Koojo said:
You can view temp easily by holding the OFF button for about 5 seconds, then pressing the fan speed button up until you see "51" then press the "inside circ" button, and you can scroll through the inside temp, outside temp and the intake sensor temp.
whoa, imma try this when i leave from work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts