Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ambient temperature button

There was a thread earlier on the amb button that is on the Maxima's climate control, I found that if you take apart the G's climate control the button is there and it works! I fashioned a switch to make it work, I will have to post pics later. If someone has any wiring diagrams of the climate control I will see it its easier to make an external switch, I might even look into making a kit if there is enough interest.

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
Do you mean that this switch will allow you to control the middle two vents (on the dash & above the climate control) separately so that the will allow in 'fresh air' while the rest of the vents pump out what you've set the climate control to? Basically, a 'fresh air by-pass'. My '93 Altima had this and it was a nice feature.

·
♥
3,947 Posts
slimlou said:
Do you mean that this switch will allow you to control the middle two vents (on the dash & above the climate control) separately so that the will allow in 'fresh air' while the rest of the vents pump out what you've set the climate control to? Basically, a 'fresh air by-pass'. My '93 Altima had this and it was a nice feature.
No, he means that the ambient air temperature button is in our units, just covered up. This would allow you to view the outside air temperature. I hope your right, I might just have to bust into my dash tomorrow.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The blank button in the center between the temp button and the recirculate(?) button. If you take apart the unit there is a button on the circuit board, if you press it the display changes to show you the ambient (outside) air temperature...I just realized I spelled temperature wrong in the title also...

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
99g20t5spd said:
The blank button in the center between the temp button and the recirculate(?) button. If you take apart the unit there is a button on the circuit board, if you press it the display changes to show you the ambient (outside) air temperature...I just realized I spelled temperature wrong in the title also...
Kool. If you can do a lil write up on this, this would be a fun lil mod to do some day when i'm bored on a day off of work. :)

·
'Luke'
5,319 Posts
Hehehehe, my P11-144 has this feature stock, in the gauge cluster...

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
njprimera said:
why the hell would nissan/infiniti put this feature in but leave out
the button to toggle it ? :confused:
seriously... :zoinks:
------
A write up would be very helpful about how to take apart the unit without breaking it and then how to wire a switch...but are you talking the hidden button being here?:

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
personally, I dont think you really need to take apart the unit, just drill a small hole thru the front cover, then thru the plastic behind it. hit the switch with a toothpick or something and your all set....here are photos of the offending switch in question.

It looks correct, and thanks for the find, i was wondering what that thing did, and these photos are off of a broken unit i had laying around ;)

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
whoa. i hope the 00+ hvac unit(which is a lil different asthetically) is the same!

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
njprimera said:
yea man this actually making me kind of angry :tired:
either way...i cant wait to install a button there!
are you gonna try and take it apart, and install a button right there through a drilled hole?

I'm not sure I'm gonna get around to this right away but definitely take pics if you get to it first :) Would love to see this feature working with a nice clean button there (or else where really...)

·
Registered
590 Posts
I was looking into that... but you beat me to it. I saw the AMB button my co-workers car (Maxima). That is a great find but how can we make it look stock and tasteful?! Post up what you got. I am interested in seeing this! Thanks!

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
How about if you buy a Maxima control panel and swap buttons back and forth?

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
^ thats not a bad idea
but i dont know how easy itll be to find one

if im doin this, im doin it right.
ill go to NAPA or Advanced and find something that
will work with this. might even take a button from an
old game controller or somethin like that...

1 - 20 of 120 Posts