Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason, my amp just cuts out, the blue light shuts off indicating no power, and my speakers and amp cut out as well (they're connected to my 4 ch. amp). this is the second time I've had this problem. The first time, I sent it in for warranty and I was told that two of the four channel's were fried along with my sub. They fixed both and it was fine...but now it has started up again. Is there any particular reason this could be happening? could it be my wiring? my amp not having enough power?

If anyone knows of this being a common problem, it would be great to find out what I can do about it so that I can prevent it from happening again and again and again.

·
Registered
311 Posts
How hot are your amps getting?
Are you showing them the right sort of loads? Some amps object vigorously to have too little impedance across them. How are your speakers set up, and what sort of circumstances cause them to cut out?

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Either you have a bad ground , your power cable is too thin or you power cable fuse is under ratted hence you arent getting enough voltage to your amp causing it to fry!

Come down to Pickering and I'll hook you up

·
Registered
12 Posts
G_Rider said:
For some reason, my amp just cuts out, the blue light shuts off indicating no power, and my speakers and amp cut out as well (they're connected to my 4 ch. amp). this is the second time I've had this problem. The first time, I sent it in for warranty and I was told that two of the four channel's were fried along with my sub. They fixed both and it was fine...but now it has started up again. Is there any particular reason this could be happening? could it be my wiring? my amp not having enough power?

If anyone knows of this being a common problem, it would be great to find out what I can do about it so that I can prevent it from happening again and again and again.
How is your amp wired? What amp/speakers setup do you have? Does it get proper ventilation? Power/ground wire size?

If you provide a little bit more info, I should be able to help.

--Don

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys, thanks for the help....to answer some of your questions:

- I'm running my two rears from the amp (4 ch.) as well as my 10" sub.
- my amp doesn't seem to get overheated
- Proper ventilation? the only thing near my amp is the sub. My amp is mounted on the metal frame backing onto the rear seats.
- how do you know if your wires are too thin? I bought a kit with all the necessary wiring so I'm assuming that I have all the correct sizes.
- the power fuse is okay.
- i like to push my sub - maybe too much for the amp?
- my ground wire actually disconnected once...but it worked fine when I reattached it....none of my wires seem to have burned or seized. Where is the best place to ground it anyways? mine is grounded on the same frame that the amp is bolted up to.
- I had a problem with the power cable disconnecting from the little fuse attachment....and the fuse has already blown once....could that have possibly ruined my amp?
- Setup is in my signature.

The main problem is that my rear speakers and sub will suddenly cut out and only my fronts will work (which are connected to my Headunit). Periodically, my rear speakers and sub will work, on and off, even within a matter of seconds....but after a while, it's totally gone.

Hey GTA_G20....we'll hook up...msg. me.

Thanks for all your help peoples.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
firstly, never bolt the amp direct onto or thru onto any metalc surface of the car, always use an amp board, like carpet covered MDF or something like that. Next, just check all your connections are tight, it seems like a stupid thing to say, but even the if a crimp connector is loose on the remoter live, it wiil create problems like this. Just check over everything from behind the headunit to the amps, and from the battery.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts