Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I need help. :p

I have a single aftermarket amp in the car right now running my sub. I just picked up a second, two channel 200w amp for my front speakers. I have the amp for the sub in the trunk currently, along with the power wire going all the way back there too (8 gauge). I'm wondering if i install the second amp, should i just run a distribution block from the trunk to the two amp (both off of 8 gauge), and then run the second RCA to the trunk, and the speaker wires up from the trunk to the front doors? Or should i look into wiring the amp up front, running power from the trunk to the front (maybe mount the amp under the passenger seat?) and then run the speaker wires from there to the doors? Any ideas?

Thanks!

·
Registered
522 Posts
I personally have my power wire going from my battery up front to my capacitor in the trunk (4 guage).

From the capacitor to a distribution box under the passenger seat (4 guage).

From the distribution box to a sub amp under the seat (8 guage) and a speaker amp in the trunk (8 guage).

Power wire is going down the middle, away from speaker and RCA wire, to keep noise away. Just keep the power wire away from everything if possible.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I currently have my power wires going down the driver's side and the rcas going down the passenger side. I was going to run the speaker wire down the passenger side too, to keep it away from the power wires. Now if I can just find somewhere that'll give me a good price on the wires, distribution block, etc... =)

·
Registered
522 Posts
Justin, do you have MSN Messanger by any chance? I can't install AIM on my computer at work. If not, send me an email!

·
Registered
144 Posts
why not just save the trouble and run another separate 8 gauge to the front amp?

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
flyg20 said:
why not just save the trouble and run another separate 8 gauge to the front amp?
I just wanted to run as little power wire as possible. Doesn't matter now though, I tested the amp... dead :( Oh well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts