Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

How should the AMR P11 RASB be designed?

• Mount the bar on the beam

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Mount the bar directly onto the sides

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
P10 hater
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just trying to help out Andy from AMR and find a consensus of what P11 owners would like when it comes to a rear anti-way bar. The bar for the P11 can be made two different ways, and he's willing to design the bar off of what we tell him. Pretty cool of him to directly cater to us! Anyway, here is what he sent me, it may help clear things up.

"Well I would like to know what the guys on g20.net would like the p11 bar. There are not too many ways to make a sway bar for the p11. So either route will work, and we can design it with either design. I just want to know they prefer and want to see. We are designing these based on request from the members, so we also want to make sure it is made the way they would like it. I'm all ears for how they want it done. Since the P10 already has sway bar mounts, its easy, but with the P11 you can do it 2 ways, mount it to the beam, or directly on the sides."

There has been some interest in a possible GB for sway bars. We've had 2 successful GBs with Addco bars from Never Enough Auto (thank Budo), and there may be a third. But this will scope out the interest in an AMR bar for us.

Let us know what you think!

·
Boosted & Stanced
3,174 Posts
mm, i dont even know what sway bar i have anymore; thats how old it is. But i know its pre addco, i think it was off a maxima from cattman or something. Im not sure how much of the market AMR could get from the already cheap addco? Will this sway be adjustable or? I personally think that they should target another suspension component, although i dont know what yet haha.

·
^-*
3,201 Posts
i might be in if its better than the addco
nothing wrong with an upgrade =)

mounting on the sides is kind of a pain cause of the brake cable but either way is easy

also i dont get how you can just mount it to the sides with no support

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
mm, i dont even know what sway bar i have anymore; thats how old it is. But i know its pre addco, i think it was off a maxima from cattman or something. Im not sure how much of the market AMR could get from the already cheap addco? Will this sway be adjustable or? I personally think that they should target another suspension component, although i dont know what yet haha.
Progress, i got it from the same GB. only the Stillen sway is adjustable. i'll sell mine for $500. :x

tell them to replicate a Do Luck floor bar:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Dude, the Do-Luck floor bar does not do a lot in a FF car. It works great in the S13 and S14's tho, under really heavy cornering conditions.

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
Dude, the Do-Luck floor bar does not do a lot in a FF car. It works great in the S13 and S14's tho, under really heavy cornering conditions.
how about asking them to make a flat H-brace instead? Cusco makes a P10 version, but not P11.

·
P10 hater
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All of AMR's sway bars are adjustable. He hasn't yet designed the P11 bar, so I would imagine that when he does, it would also be adjustable. But that is just a gentlemen's guess.

·
P10 hater
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't have a P11, so I don't know if this counts, but would there be anyway to combine the two?
I don't know, but that would have to be sweet if you could!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Can someone list the pros/cons for each design type? Also, not to get too off topic, but why aren't front anti-sway bars as common of a mod?

·
P10 hater
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Can someone list the pros/cons for each design type? Also, not to get too off topic, but why aren't front anti-sway bars as common of a mod?
In all honesty, I don't think there really are any pros/cons, just different design types. My concerns would be, "Is there a price difference?" and, "Which design type is easier to install?"

1 - 20 of 28 Posts