Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

just so you know, I dont know a lot about audio so if you can help with my request I would be eternally in your dept.... well, for a while anyway :p

heres my plan, I'm much better at understanding pictures than I am just text so if anyone would be able to draw up a plan to match my requirements I would be dead chuffed (doesnt have to be a work of art, just some lines and boxes will do fine)

I have a JVC CD/MD Head unit that puts out 4x40 watts.

I want to fit an amp/amps in the boot that will power the front speakers and some new 6x9's on the parcel shelf, I'm going to bin the rear quarter ones unless these can be incorporated in any way.

I also want 2 12" subs in the boot to be powered by an amp/amps

I'm guessing that I'll need 2 amps, one 4 channel to power the rear speakers and the subs and one 2 channel to power the front speakers.

so heres what I need to to do:

Tell me what size amps I need (something thats loud enough to be heard outside the car but not too loud that everything just vibrates) and what wattage speakers I need and a diagram to show me how it all plugs together etc.

I hope this makes sence and I hope that someone is good enough to spend a little time helping me out.

Many Thanks in advance

Kev

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
erm.... I'm not sure really

I dont want to pay too much but at the same time I dont want to have utter junk.

Probably sony speakers and a generic amp/amps nothing too flash but nothing drab.

hope this helps.

CHeers
Kev

·
"says here on your chart"
4,607 Posts
do you have bose in there right now? if you don't want anything to rattle too muc you might consider 10's not 12's. why would you want 6X9's? you can get some really nice sounding 6 1/2's that will require no modification(well maybe to get them to fit, since the stock speakers are a little bigger than 6 1/2) i used boston acoustic two way speakers for midrange and tweeters (nice since the tweeter has it's own coil instead of just being driven by the mids.) and Clarion Deck(my only choice since i have never been let down by clarion decks) i just used the deck to power them, no need for amps unless you get higher end speakers that require more watts to run them (not necesarrliy louder, just better quality when turned up) I used sony xlod 12 inch subs (since they are red, and handle alot of power) and a sony xplod 800 watt amp, sending about 350 watts into each speaker. if you go with 10's i would recomend JL audio. i have had my JL 10's for six years (currently in my 4Runner) now and they sound brand new. here are a few pictures of my system on my website
www.members.cox.net/martyherrera/hobbies
any other ?'s

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no reason not to use the standard ones really...... I just heard they we smaller on the primera hatchback.... (not the same as your saloons I dont think) so I was just going to do what was easy rather than mess about with small speakers.... I'll take a look at them tho to find out.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
any update on a system diag?

Thanks
Kev

1 - 6 of 6 Posts