Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
"says here on your chart"
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look what i just picked up

I am getting it bebuilt next week and will start the long and tedious journey to boosted P11 Bliss. I can't wait.

Im so proud of my 6 year old son Marty too,,,,,i brought the thing home and put it on the table for the photo, and he says
him--"Dad, what is that?"
me--"It's a Turbo Marty, for my car"
him--"Oh, are you going to race?"
me--"Why do you ask?"
him--"Because that turbo will make your car go really fast."

Amazing because i have never once mentioned turbocharging to him, he allready knew that, at 6....looks like i have a future tuner like me, im so proud.

·
Safe Sex
3,228 Posts
hahahaha your sons hillarious... if being mad at you about the whole p1000 kit passing wasn't enough you go ahead and stab me in the face with ur kitt'd p11 SPORT and now you twist the knife by telling me its gonna be boost'd..
geez why all the scorn marty!?!?
LOL to the extreme happy to see your gonna have a sick ride... i guess you gotta pick up the slack where kev left of with the maui p11

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
niceeee!!!:thumbsup: , that's a good sign right there man ;)

Rob

·
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rushmatic said:
hahahaha your sons hillarious... if being mad at you about the whole p1000 kit passing wasn't enough you go ahead and stab me in the face with ur kitt'd p11 SPORT and now you twist the knife by telling me its gonna be boost'd..
geez why all the scorn marty!?!?
LOL to the extreme happy to see your gonna have a sick ride... i guess you gotta pick up the slack where kev left of with the maui p11
Well, what can i say, i like to knife people.

·
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cavern said:
:thumbsup:

Give me a shout if you need any help with the project man.
I def will. I am doing it in stages. Right now is the planning/sourcing stage. The next stage includes installing the clutch and fuel system. then after all that's in and i know it all works, it will be time to slap the turbo on. I can't wait.

im getting the thing rebuilt next week hopefully.

·
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have a stillen header and stock header that i will be offloading after the swap is complete. i might keep it just in case, but will most likely sell it.

·
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Allright guys, a little update here. i have about 95% of the stuff i need for my turbo. im doing the clutch install this weekend. i just got my intercooler piping back from powder coat and my manifold/j pipe/turbine housing back from the thermal coater. here are some pics for you viewing pleasure.

this is the I/C piping color, do you like?

here is the manifold and turbo. the thermal coating is not just on the outside, it's on the inside too, pretty nice

Oh, the first turbo i bought was blown so the one in the pics is a T25 ball bearing turbo, and it's in great shape, no shaft play.

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
man, the rest of the setup makes the center section of the turbo look like shit :lol:

edit: who did your manifold coating, and how much?

·
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah i know, it looks rough, that's the way they all looked before coating.
I got it done at a local place here in PHX called Custom Thermal Coat. i wasnt cheap, but better then shipping it to swain. they charged me the minimum charge for coating of $130. Now that i think about it, i should have taken my downpipe there as well, but whatever.

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
P10 WRC said:
um,
that's KLO all the way baby, just kidding. i didn't even realize it looks like the color of my car, it's actually a bit darker.
oops, my bad. but that shade does look like KR4. can't wait to see the rest of the setup.

krookednose7 said:
^^ that color is sweet. be sure to keep us updated with pics all the way through!
+1

·
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
allright, got my gauges mounted today

i had to relocate the climate controls

The abs plastic i used looks kinda cheesy so i might redo it in metal. not sure yet, i will give it some time and see if it grows on me.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
i really like the relocation of the AC controls..

that is a really freakin short shifter tho.. i have a shortshifter in mine.. and mine looks like a freaking flagpole in the air compared to yours..

what brand is that? (sorry for going OT)

but man. your setup is looking SICK!!!

·
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bishous-G said:
i really like the relocation of the AC controls..

that is a really freakin short shifter tho.. i have a shortshifter in mine.. and mine looks like a freaking flagpole in the air compared to yours..

what brand is that? (sorry for going OT)

but man. your setup is looking SICK!!!
it's a B & M short shifter. it took a little while to get used to, but i love it

1 - 20 of 27 Posts