Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Former G20 Addict
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well today turned real shitty real quick. I'm headed down the highway, running a little late for class. When all of the sudden a big ole ice chunk comes flying out from under an 18 wheeler. I had no way to avoid it so I plowed right into it going about 75mph. I turned the music down to listen for anything out of the ordinary and heard nothing... until I got next to said 18 wheeler. That's when I started to hear this really loud scrapping sound coming from the front of my car. Not more than 10 seconds later I hear a loud thud under the car accompanied by a bump. Sure enough, when I look in my rearview mirror I can see my lip flying in the middle of the freeway. It's beyond repair. Someone must have hit it while I was turning around because there is a giant hole on the side of the lip. Needless to say, I haven't had a good day. Just figured I'd do a little venting since all of my other friends don't understand how hard it was for me to get that lip in my dirty little paws. :dead:

In case you guy's were wondering, it was attached via a gigantic roll of double sided tape, and numerous screws. The block of ice must have hit it so it pushed the one side underneath the car, as the other was still intact.

·
magnificent pooper
4,024 Posts
shit man, that sucks. at least it didnt rip out your bumper, or take out your headlight.

my friend was in a similar incident, except the ice put a crack in his windsheild. i try to avoid driving in ice as much as possible...

·
Former G20 Addict
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea, I'm bummin' pretty hard right now. I spent a lot of both time and effort looking for it, tis a shame. Fear not though, I have Colin's Euroforma lip, which is exactly the same as this one, plus my jdm bumper should be out of the paint shop sometime this week. So she'll be back to lookin' classy shortly. The only downside is it isn't an OE Nissan part. Plus, now I need to figure out something for the tan car. I think garden liner might do the trick (function over form) We'll see.

·
Registered
20,918 Posts
Lip + Snow = FTL

Took me about an hour to get turned around and find my lip when it ripped off from plowing the deep snow.

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
nooooooooooooooo! that's like when Luke's hand fell into the generator. FUCK!

·
Dude, your bed is a car..
4,567 Posts
Man that sucks...

·
Former G20 Addict
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the support guy's. I knew I could come crying and you all would understand. I told my g/f and she laughed. I about broke up with her right there on the spot (not really). Colin, that's about how mine looked... except unfortunately for me mine was sitting right on the side of a bridge. I almost got smashed 3 times by renobs who think the shoulder is another lane.

·
ʎןןnɟ˙˙ǝdo&#6
2,773 Posts
Sco0terzsl said:
I knew I could come crying and you all would understand.
What a softy :throwup: :p

Check out what I saw one day after coming home from work :baffled:

It took it like a champ

Needless to say, i took the lip off until it starts warming up again.

·
ʎןןnɟ˙˙ǝdo&#6
2,773 Posts
P11Gdub said:
i'm glad the WW lip is so rugged. did you also bolt the lip down?
Yeah I've got two big bolts in the bottom middle extension on the lip. If the lip would rip off, the bumper would go with it.

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
mine has 5 bolts along the front, and one on each end, by the tire. someone jacked BabeePreshus' WW lip, so it scared the crap out of me. *there may or may not be a booby trap on my lip*

1 - 18 of 18 Posts