Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody out there has a canister style straight through muffler on thier P 10 and mounted angled upwards and outwards like you see on Supras, 240s and almost every other car out there ?? I was wondering if it could be done ??? my installer said it cant because there isnt much room for it to be done like that ,true ??

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
True.

They are set-up like that on those cars to reduce as much of the bends as possible on the exhuast pipes to make them less restrictive.

There just isn't enough room back there to do this. I guess you could try, but the muffler would have to be such a small diameter, that it would be loud as hell once you found one that would fit at an angle. The other issue is, the muffler cutout is not to the far right of the car but more into the center of the bumper fascia. Those other cars have the cutout to the far right/left of the fascia.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
95_g20_P10 said:
those DTM dual tip ones??
Nope! He's talking about those round canister bullet style mufflers that do not mount directly parallel with the cars undercarriage, but sit at a slant and are angled down a little where they connect to the piping near the rear tires.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so I guess everyone out there with Gs have thier mufflers mounted straight with no angled look ?

·
Registered
183 Posts
You can angle your exhaust, but you have to cut out an oval piece of your muffler. I was thinking of doing it after I get my det put in later this month. It works better if you have sideskirts on the rear bumper. I have some from germany, I will post pics of the whole sideskirts side and rear later in the cosmetics section.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Why do you want to angle your muffler? The way the exhaust piping is set up on those other cars is why they angle the mufflers. They are trying to decrease the number of bends in the exhaust system for a smoother flow.

Our mufflers are mounted in probably the best flow you will be able to get, unless you run the exhaust out of the side of the car right in front of the rear wheel on the passenger side. That would alleviate a 90 degree bend and the bends that go over the rear suspension, but not many would do that.

If your doing it for looks, well...

...no comment.;)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im doing this because the guy who put on my muffler fucked up on the weld and its so visible from the back So im just gonna get the muffler cut of and turned to the other side (the inlet is the same size as the outlet) my muffler will be straight and angled up

1 - 9 of 9 Posts