Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

As you can see its nothing major, its just that it has occured on a sleeved bit of the suspension turret kinda area ...... What should I do about it ..........? Pay some dick £200 to chop it out & weld in a new piece..... Or get busy with some products ?

:beard:

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
no way bro, its just surface rust. to be sure, check under the wheel to make sure the rust isnt starting from the inside out (prob have to pull that plastic back) i would hit it up with a grinder and slop some rust inhibitor on it(available at any hardware store), take a can of universal black paint, tape off and cover spots for overspray, and spray away.

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
If it's rust-through it'll be easier to tell than that -- you'll be able to jab your finger through with medium pressure. Furthermore, in my experience rust-through only looks similar to that when it starts from the other side, and there's nothing in the strut tower that would hold enough salt/moisture/whatever to start that large an area of rust-through.

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
actually mine doesn't look quite like that, I just have the seam sealer pealing, no real rust

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its not bad rust ......... Tried the good old fashioned Screwdriver with a hammer behind it test........No prob ........ I'll just have a we chop at it with Mr Grinder & bodge it up with a few after markets then :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts