Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I had this annoying, intermittent squeak coming from somewhere in the wheel well of my 02 Sport.

I could hear the squeak whenever I was rolling out of the underground parking and sometimes when I went over bumps at slow speeds. I had a mechanic friend of mine take a peak with a stethoscope and he told me it was coming from the sway bar linkage. I checked EverythingG20.com to see if I needed to order just the sway bar link or if there were other associated parts (bushings, nuts, etc.). I turned out the parts come as a kit ($46US for the pair at EverythingG20).

The culprit turned out to be the pivot bolt of the link rod - the joint busted (thanx to the potholes in the city of Toronto). Pic below:

http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/[email protected]/detail?.dir=/a67escd&.dnm=f883re2.jpg&.src=ph

·
Registered
430 Posts
a lil off topic to post pics go to putfile.com its free and just copy the html or bb code.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Hey, i didnt kno how to post pics too until last week. looks like i aint the only noob

·
Registered
462 Posts
check the little arm that connects the stabilizer each wheel. Look for a worn ball joint. It is unlikely but possible bad strut or strut mount.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Gwhizz said:
The culprit turned out to be the pivot bolt of the link rod - the joint busted (thanx to the potholes in the city of Toronto).

What is the mileage on your car. Just curious.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts