Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, a couple of months ago I posted a thread about how I got into an accident and whatnot, but I got lucky again today.

This time, it wasn't my fault. I was in the lane to make a left turn, I was completely stopped, someone who was following me comes flying out of nowhere and just smashes the side of my car. He like merged into me. The side of my car and bumper are pretty messed up. My right headlight is cracked. I live in NJ, and I have Geicko insurance. In the police report he admitted it was his fault, he wasn't paying attention and was grabbing for his cell phone because someone was calling him. I had my friend in the car as a witness.

I just have a quick question, how long does it take to get insurance money? And is there anyway it can be blamed as partially my fault even though I was stopped completely?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Spedizzo said:
I just have a quick question, how long does it take to get insurance money? And is there anyway it can be blamed as partially my fault even though I was stopped completely?
I'm going through this now. If you file the claim through your insurance company, they fix your car or send you the money fairly quickly, basically a couple of days after the company determines how much it costs to fix (a week or two, usually). If you have rental coverage, they'll take care of the cost of your rental car during that time, plus five or so days after the check is issued. IF your insurance company determines that the accident is not your fault, it isn't your fault and they'll go after the other company. They make the determination after an investigation. The police report, your statement, the other driver's statement, witness statements, and the damages to the cars all factor into the decision. So if the other driver changes his mind and starts claiming it is your fault after all, he's got to be so convincing it outweighs all other evidence.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Damn that sucks. I never had to make a claim yet (thank god), but keep me update, I have Geico as well. :nervous:

·
Registered
866 Posts
if sum1 hits me and its there fault and they admit it, surely thats a good thing? u get paid out for the damage for the car, try n make it look worse so u get the money for the right off, then fix it urself and have a few thousand dollars for spare pocket money? i would love it if someone ran into the back of me, i really would.

·
Registered
19 Posts
FireStorm said:
if sum1 hits me and its there fault and they admit it, surely thats a good thing? u get paid out for the damage for the car, try n make it look worse so u get the money for the right off, then fix it urself and have a few thousand dollars for spare pocket money? i would love it if someone ran into the back of me, i really would.
we call that insurance fraud

·
Registered
866 Posts
ok so dnt make it any worse, but still i dont see the problem here :O

·
WCMIII/SR2012 FLAKER
5,201 Posts
In my last accident 1-02-04, some lady in a corolla ran a red light & t-boned my toyota tacoma. Its clearly her fault right. Not acording to her insurance, they basicly said that I should have never & mean NEVER in her way, & that I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. It took a lil over 6 months to finally get a check for my truck. They cut me a check for $2600, & my tacoma with over 350k on the clock was NADA & blue booked at $2000 for that mialege. Also the ladies insurance, Auto Club or AAA, tried to stiff me some cash on my truck, they sent me a check for $600 for all the damages on my truck when my insurance, & AutoClub themsleves said my truck was a Total Loss & not even worth repairing for having high mialege on the odometer.

BTW, I had Farmers at the time, & afterwards when my contract expiererd, they didnt even bother to send me a renual notice, they droped me.

Sorry for my rant, but keep us informed Spedizzo.

·
Registered
344 Posts
FireStorm said:
Some folks really like their cars and would as soon not have them get hit. Given the age and mileage of most G20s, any damage to the unibody, and the car is totaled. Even if you do repair it, the frame will never be as safe and good luck getting insurance with a salvage title. Most insurance companies lowball you on the payout offer, and negotiating is necessary simply to get enough to replace the car. Someone did run into the back of me and I'm still bitter.

·
Registered
866 Posts
maybe its slightly diffrent here in england, as long as someones insured, ppl love it wen there hit in the rear lol

specialy since im in charge of an accident managment company

·
La-illaha Il-lallah
2,034 Posts
The first question is whether you have liability or full coverage? But either way if the police report has recorded that it is the other guys fault you can basically contact his insurance and claim for 100% of the damages. This happened to me on my Milenia and Maxima. On the Maxima the other guy had Geico and they sent someone to look at it. He totalled it and I got the money. Insurance is very quick to settle if you are not looking for personal injury. They basically want to pay you out before you get the idea that you feel pain and want more compensation.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Cesarin_se-r, I have had both Farmers and AAA. AAA just fights harder which is a good thing if they are on your side, bad if you are not.

What do you have now?

Btw, best of luck and do keep us in the loop Spedizzo.

·
♥
3,947 Posts
whenever you get in an accident that isnt your fault, the first thing you need to do is call 911, and get taken to the hospital. an injury report will show the other insurance company that they fucked up, and are going to pay.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I called my insurance today just to notify them and gave them an account of what happened. I only have liability insurance, so I have to make a claim through their insurance. I found out the kid also got a ticket for reckless driving for the accident. I have to wait 3-5 days for the police report to be filed so I can get all the info on their insurance so I can call up. I will keep ya'll updated and let ya know how speedy/what happens.

·
WCMIII/SR2012 FLAKER
5,201 Posts
ZoliElo said:
Cesarin_se-r, I have had both Farmers and AAA. AAA just fights harder which is a good thing if they are on your side, bad if you are not.?
I had Farmers at the time & never had any problems, but I steped over their bounderies & hired an attorney the following day. Another thing that saved me was that there was a withness & he was driving behind me when this happend. I think if I had no withness either 1. wait even longer for my money, or 2. completly loose the case, even though I got t-boned by a Red-Light-Runner.

ZoliElo said:
What do you have now?
I got some POS insurance company thru Eastwood Insurance, im just affraid if something happens with my p10, even these guys might try to bail on me. Also I got a very fawked up driving record, I drive like 60k a year & puts me in higher risk od speeding tickets & accidents... :depressed

·
WCMIII/SR2012 FLAKER
5,201 Posts
Spedizzo said:
I found out the kid also got a ticket for reckless driving for the accident. I have to wait 3-5 days for the police report to be filed so I can get all the info on their insurance so I can call up. I will keep ya'll updated and let ya know how speedy/what happens.
Good thing there was a police report filed. My 1st accident when I was like 19, some armenian lady backed out of a parking stall on a Glendale Ca, street. Within like 3 days of the accident, her insurance Satan Farm, mean State Farm cut me a check for my b12's damage. When I tried to deposit that check into my bank account, satan farm put a hold on the check & I contacted them. Since they never recieved a police report, which I gave a copy to them & Farmers (my insurance) but satan farm said they never received it. Also they claimed to have called the Glendale PD for a copy of the report & that they said they never did a report on our claim. So to resolve all this, my agent at Farmers fax over a copy of the report & later on Satan Farm let me deposit the check... :zoinks:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts