Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found out on the sr20 forum that there is another company that make underdrive pulleys for the sr20. INDIGO make pulleys and they sell them for$148.75. I also found srmotorsports sells Indigo pulleys for $139.99. I'm going to call Indigo and find out information tommorro since they did not respond to my E-mail. SrMotorsports responded and seemed interested in doing a group buy but they failed to give me information on the set, and I'm still waiting for another responce. I'll keep you posted

I figured I let everyone know there is another option out there.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
nice, keep us updated, i'm sure there are plenty of us out there who want pulley's, myself included

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Find out if they have 4pc sets aswell please n thank you

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Im in!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Interesting that Indigo lists the pully for the SER with the same part number as the one for the G20 yet it is $10 more.

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Audio Piper said:
Interesting that Indigo lists the pully for the SER with the same part number as the one for the G20 yet it is $10 more.
Yeah I noticed that to, but since Sr Motorsports has them for $10 less I figured I go there first.

I called Indigo today and left a message, and I e-mail both again. I'll keep everyone posted.

I can see by the number of reponses that there are others that like me are not happy with the UR monopoly on underdrive pulleys. Hondas can get them for far cheaper since many companys make them. If I can get it cheap enough even a single pulley would be a good buy since UR only makes the crank underdrive, the rest are just lighter.

·
Registered
354 Posts
damn...i would get those in a heart beat. Are they safe though..i mean will they harm the engine.. are the balanced and all that shit

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I spoke with Greg from SR motorsport and it seams to be a single pulley setup. heres's his email
Eric,
for a quanity of 15-30 the price would be 111.99 for the Indigo main underdrive pulley. They would need to be prepaid for this price.
Thanks,
Greg
SR Motorsports
This is a pretty good price, but I'm checking if more people are intersted if it could be cheaper. Stillen quoted me $191 for the UR main drive pulley.(I thought it was for the 2 pulley set but I was wrong) The main pulley is the only HP gain on the UR set any way the rest are only lighter weight. Any one intersted let me know and I'll see what we can do.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I've heard that people who go DET get the water pump pulley, how much for the main pulley and that from SR?

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Most people get both the water pump and crank from UR as a kit. They also have a 4 pulley kit that has power steering and alternator pulleys as well. But the other 3 are the same size as the factory pulleys they are just made of lighter aluminum so they reduce weight on the drive train letting it rev a little quicker. From what I see Indigo only make a main drive or crank pulley. Sr wants about $119 on the group buy for that. You can buy the others from UR if you want but they are not even underdrive. stillen sells the crank alone for $191 so $119 is a great price if we can get it. $259 for a two pulley set of UR is rediculous.

I don't like to waste money so for half the price I'd rather go with something that will do almost as much as the UR pulley set. That's why I went with the Pacesetter header and the 91' cam. they work very well and I don't go broke buying Hot shot and JWT products. I wish I didn't buy my stillen CAI. It works great but I now know I could of made it (better) for 1/10 the price.

·
Registered
2001 infiniti g20 fwd
8 Posts
Yeah I noticed that to, but since Sr Motorsports has them for $10 less I figured I go there first.

I called Indigo today and left a message, and I e-mail both again. I'll keep everyone posted.

I can see by the number of reponses that there are others that like me are not happy with the UR monopoly on underdrive pulleys. Hondas can get them for far cheaper since many companys make them. If I can get it cheap enough even a single pulley would be a good buy since UR only makes the crank underdrive, the rest are just lighter.hey

Hey im new on here and I have an 01 infiniti g20 im building its got the sr20de and I have looked and looked and can not find any websites that has anykind of parts for my car or the engine, any advice I love this lil car I wanna add a lil more power and style to it and cant find anything

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
your limited on header options to the ebay ones if your looking for something cheap. if your looking for more power a SR20VE is the better option for N/A or doing a bolt on turbo kit from a Aveneir DET or bluebird sr20det is your best option

1 - 15 of 15 Posts