Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If it's not a Fuel injector problem, it's my suspension...now, my god d*mn alternator went and my car took a sh*t: sorry i'm just venting. I just replaced my alternator with a genuine nissan, rebuilt. When i was driving my car the panel started to dim and acceleration decreased on its own; I felt like I was in 2nd when I was driving in 4th. I'm now going to replace the battery. I wanted to know what battery will work best with my P10. a Deka or Interstate? What makes them so good? However...regardless of wheter it works or not. I may consider selling my P10, to someone who has more funds to accomodate my baby. Don't get the wrong Idea, the car isn't a junk it has a replaced SR20DE with around 60k miles, I replaced the fuel injectors, gave it a tune up with NGK iridium sparks a modified air intake, now a new Genuine Alternator, new exhaust (non performance) and aftermarket 16" ALT performance rims.

answers and/or offers.

I'll submit pictures later.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Any battery with the proper specs would be fine. I would prefer Interstate. I used different brands and generally speaking this one last what it says it would. I hate the brands wal-mart carries. They last 2 hasyears top! Interstate would last for at least 4 years. They warrant them for 7 years and free replacement for 2 years. vs Wal-mart pro rata bullcrap this is pretty good. They also check your battery to make sure your brand new alternator is not bad one.
It happened to me before. Put new alt on a week later it was all messed up!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went to the place where I bought my alt to trade in the old one. They said that it probably was an issue with the fuse and checked them. My battery is fine, but when i replace it next time it'll be an Interstate. The mechanics say that the problem with the G20's is that almost everything goes to the Alternator and that puts alot of load on it. The car runs fine now, so i'm just hoping it won't die on me when I need it most.

·
Registered
582 Posts
The mechanic is full of it.....? I've never heard of that.

Chris

·
drunken master
10,091 Posts
let me know when or if you decide to sell. I have freinds in need. I cn easly fix an dkeep the ride going. i would like to check your ride out. where in Nj are you?
If i could look over and correct it you might not wnt to sell it.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
p10det said:
let me know when or if you decide to sell. I have freinds in need. I cn easly fix an dkeep the ride going. i would like to check your ride out. where in Nj are you?
If i could look over and correct it you might not wnt to sell it.

I'll send a PM with detailed info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts