Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the se-r.net writeup it says this about adjusting the timing:

"If not, slightly loosen two bolts holding the distributor, and twist it [toward the front of the engine to advance, toward the cabin to retard] to obtain the desired timing. [Recheck the setting after tightening the bolts!]. "

The problem is, my timing advances when I twist it toward the cabin, and retards when I twist it toward the front. It's completely opposite of what the writeup says. Am I just reading this wrong? I've followed the instructions to the letter, and did the steps over ten times last night, and I still can't get my timing readings to stay consistent either. What am I doing wrong? I'll time it, and start the procedure over to double check it, and the reading will be ten degrees off sometimes. I'm doing it the same way every time. To say this is frustrating me is a gross understatement.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay, I'm just an idiot. I used the technique on B15sentra.net and it worked. I must have just screwed up the other technique. You can delete this thread if you want. I'd hate to take up too much space.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Yes, but what flavor was your Blizzard?

=)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts