Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to make a decision.....any provided info will help...so far the Jensen vm9021ts has the highest pic display 1200x234 + a tv tuner + full ipod controls + plays various formats + sd card reader + plays dvd/cd
 

·
Questioning Answers
Joined
·
6,853 Posts
im not sure what u mean??? when u usay in dash do u mean "in dash" (molded???) or in dash as in motorized HU that a screen come outta???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
p11

not molded, fits like stock,just a screen w/touchscreen capabilty(double dinn body w/a touchscreen in front)one u just slap in there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,170 Posts
think he's looking for a double din not a single din flip up
 

·
G20 Junkee
Joined
·
2,343 Posts
I'll post mine tomorrow when I re align it. I got a slight gap and just put it in today.
I got an Eclipse AVN5435 and its sweet.
All you need is a $40 harness and non of the other garbage people add on.
Metra 70-7551 plug it into your rca's form the aftermarket deck and it plugs directly into your nissan harness and you're golden sounds like a million bucks. 5volt preout is golden. Try to get a deck with atleast 4volt preouts you wont regret it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,636 Posts
I agree!

If i didn't have my deck (which in p10 is a single din anyway), I would definitely look into Eclipse head units. They are pricier than most but one is paying for quality.

The AVN5495 has a 30 gig hard drive where you can also store your music! Kind of like the new G35's. Although I think it has more space.

GTA? How do you like the Navigation software?

Demon
 

·
G20 Junkee
Joined
·
2,343 Posts
I wanted the 5495 so badly so I dont have to load the nav disc when i need nav. So i can already see it getting annoying when Im on a road trip on a highway and want to watch a movie while driving. But the new 6600 had dual dvd disc slots which is wicked. dvd video or audio in one slot and dvd nav in the other slot.
Eventually in the summer Im gonna just add a second standaloe dvd player so I can just leave the nav disc in the head unit.

I havent had much time to play with it as its only been completed for 7hours but i did enjoy it for 5hours :D Got a smoking boxing day deal $850 canadian BNIB which is like $700+ USD

This does have dual discs tho, one cd drive and beneath it a dvd drive. Excellent unit and not stupid audio features to make your stereo sound like garb.. which most people use and end up overtuning their system.
I'ma happy boy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,270 Posts
Neat topic. Thanks for the info fellows. I was thinking about getting a double din navigation plus sound system but did not know where to start.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,636 Posts
GTA_G20 said:
I wanted the 5495 so badly so I dont have to load the nav disc when i need nav. So i can already see it getting annoying when Im on a road trip on a highway and want to watch a movie while driving. But the new 6600 had dual dvd disc slots which is wicked. dvd video or audio in one slot and dvd nav in the other slot.
Eventually in the summer Im gonna just add a second standaloe dvd player so I can just leave the nav disc in the head unit.
Wouldn't it have been better then to get the 5495 in the first place? Now you'll have to add more stuff.

GTA_G20 said:
I havent had much time to play with it as its only been completed for 7hours but i did enjoy it for 5hours :D Got a smoking boxing day deal $850 canadian BNIB which is like $700+ USD
Nice! :thumbsup:

GTA_G20 said:
This does have dual discs tho, one cd drive and beneath it a dvd drive. Excellent unit and not stupid audio features to make your stereo sound like garb.. which most people use and end up overtuning their system.
I'ma happy boy
I agree. My system is very simple, but it sounds really well. (4v head unit, 2 amps (1 eclipse), Alpine subs and polk speakers) Some head units seem to go overboard on features. I don't care about clips of racing cars on the dash screen. I do wish I had a way to have navigation with my head unit, instead of with my PDA :(

Demon


pS: Anyone else has any thoughts on other screens though? Hard to top the Eclipse i know! I used to be interested in Pioneer's AVIC N1, I think they're up to N3 now. D1 for double din?
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top