Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
I'm Better Than Zohaib
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had them in another car i had, and i miss having the nice light....

any of you done this? and if so will it cause any problems or anything?

·
♥
3,947 Posts
if you dont retro fit projectors, your light housing will create a bit of glare from the HIDS. no problems other than that.

·
I'm Better Than Zohaib
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how well are they aimed?

do they have any headlight housings that have projectors?

if not, no biggie, ill just make my own...

·
I'm Better Than Zohaib
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it doesn't have anything about the H4 addapters there...

and do the P10's have any OEM projectors?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts

·
♥
3,947 Posts
Domiken said:
www.casperelectronics.com

Look for the H4 adapters, I have two P11's with OEM HID's and they work great! Good cutoff, dont blind people either.
son of a bitch... i diddnt know those were available. i may have to buy some hids now.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
DragonEye said:
lol i just clicked on the link given to me... but thanks.
That was'nt directed to you DragonEye, my bad wording. Sorry man.

ahem, cough, Domican, cough, ahem.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
lay2, when you say OEM hid? you mean the ones that come behind the projector lens?

cause i dont see a diffrence in what it would be, if you have all thesame harnes/ballasts/bulbs only thing being diffrent is caspershield or projector lense..

but i like the idea with the caspersheild youcan keep your stock housing and not have to put a projector in the housing..

·
I'm Better Than Zohaib
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Loco said:
That was'nt directed to you DragonEye, my bad wording. Sorry man.

ahem, cough, Domican, cough, ahem.

thanks because i was really hurt... i had to run and grab a tissue :(

·
Registered
936 Posts
Bishous-G said:
lay2, when you say OEM hid? you mean the ones that come behind the projector lens?

cause i dont see a diffrence in what it would be, if you have all thesame harnes/ballasts/bulbs only thing being diffrent is caspershield or projector lense..

but i like the idea with the caspersheild youcan keep your stock housing and not have to put a projector in the housing..
OEM uses D2S or D2R instead of the halogen's h1,,h3,h4,h7,h11 or whatever h's. Not all projectors uses HID, quite a few uses halogen with projectors (all Hyundais uses halogen projectors).

The differnece is performance, HID projectors will give you 3x the lights compared to a regular halogen. The projectors can lid up to 5 lanes compared to 2 lanes for halogen on average.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
The key part is to get a LENS that is designed for HID. Whether projector or reflector type, the lens has to be designed to reflect the light from a HID bulb.

here's a link about different retrofits and why you should take the time to do it right, lot of links, worth taking the time to read.
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164646

·
Registered
631 Posts
Well I got Hid's from a maxima and they work great the G's light are very accurate I really
didnt have to aim them differently and where super easy to install I had no problems with them yet and I had them for about 4 months If you got any questions on install or anything let me know. :D

·
Registered
936 Posts
miamig20 said:
Well I got Hid's from a maxima and they work great the G's light are very accurate I really
didnt have to aim them differently and where super easy to install I had no problems with them yet and I had them for about 4 months If you got any questions on install or anything let me know. :D

I would like to see a picture of the HID shot against the wall from 25 feet away.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts