Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Infiniti gives you a loaner car for a day or two (depending on how long they're servicing you car or whatever), but what car do they loan to you? I was just wondering? I heard they loan you an I30 ? I would want to drive the G35 for a few days. I wouldn't mind. But they probably won't lend out that car. have any of you guys gotten a loaner car from the dealership ?? If so, what kind do they hook you up with ?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Whenever I go t to stealership to get some work done, I've been able to get a loaner. Although, when I had to get some minor work done at a Infiniti dealership out of town (Charleston, SC) they treated me like sh*t! I had to sign a hundred and one forms, my first child, and a kidney to make sure I wouldn't hot rod their loaner. Oh and then if I didn't replace the gas I used, they would have charged me and arm & leg for gas.

At any rate, I dunno about the G35's... seeming how they're kinda hard to keep on the sales floor :-\

·
Registered
237 Posts
I took my car to Infiniti of Beverly Hills once for service. my g radiator blew up, change water pump, termostat, radiator hose, and 3 new belt... It took them 3 days to repair it.

I don't care how long it took because they gave me the 02 I30.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Although I had to haggle with them a little, Gunn Infiniti here in San Antonio let me borrow the I30 for a day.=) Almost forgot to bring it back. Almost.:*(

·
"says here on your chart"
4,607 Posts
yeah pinnacle infiniti (whores) let me use an I30 for a week. i guess when they charge you 300%markup on service they can afford to let you drive that shit. if you want to drive the new g35 jsut go test drive one.

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
ha i got an I35 when my intake blew my Mass air flow sensor, i didnt want to go pick up the G i was having too much fun with the I35. Here in Miami Warren Henry Infiniti, good dealership give you food when you go in.

·
Registered
562 Posts
blew my radiator but the car was still under warranty so got if fixed for free.....Dealership said that they couldn't lend me a car on such short notice and the loaner cars are for appointment only customers....but I complained about there 5 loaner cars just sitting out side the door and they gave me a beat up I30 but I just beat on it some more for a few days..hahahaha Screw them!!!

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I had my Mommy get me an I30 cause im under 23 or whatever the limit is and I tore the shit out of my loaner. The first thing I did was removed the filter for a little fun, picked up 4 friends and went to San Fransisco. When I got back the engine check light came on and I just returned the keys and hoped they wouldnt say anything about the light. Hehehehe

·
Registered
180 Posts
No ofense to anyone, but after some of those stories i wonder why they are so anal about lenders?!
I didn't have any problem at the dealership gettin a loaner, but it was a crappy auto G20. man those things got the pick up of a three toed sloth! I tryed to get a G35, but they just laughed and asked if i would like a Q45 better!:asian: :beard: :paranoid:

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
well...

I know that Infiniti USA wants dealers to have the newest models in their loaner program and pays for the leases of these same vehicles (the number depends on the dealership). My local dealer has G20s, I30s, I35s and 1 G35 in the loaner program right now. I think they'll start to have more G35s once the I30s come out of lease. The dealer currently has over 40 G35s in stock so they are not exactly hurting to keep them in stock!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Off topic but Chris why are you selling your car?

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
my beloved G20 for sale.. yes it's true

it is posted in classifieds.. along with my reasons...

but I'll tell you again.. sad but true!

I am getting laid off on August 31st 2002 from my job... Considering that Motorola just laid off a ton of people and EDS just let go of people and who knows who else in the Chicagoland area, it could take a while...

The last 2 times I got laid off, it took me 8 months and 5 months to find a new job (technically 4 months and 1 week the 2nd time) and back then I had a nice nestegg to support myself for 6 months (not including unemployement pay)... This time I was completely unprepared and have NOTHING saved and still owe on the G20 (my most recent purchase in January)....

I really don't want to sell it but thought it a good idea to face reality of probably not finding a job right away... If I should happen to find something before August 31st, It won't be for sale any more -- simple as that...

My resume is out there so I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

Worst case scenario is I sell my beloved G20 to a good home and when I'm solid at a new position (this time with a nestegg in the bank) -- I'll get another G20 and start all over again :) -- maybe even a p11 next time (grin)...

o.k. end of sob story... back to work while I still have a job...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Brought my '01 G20t to an Infiniti dealership in Mississauga, ON to have a door rattle fixed under warranty. When they told me I'd have a G35 for the day, I had a hard time not jumping up for joy. I didn't want to pick-up the G20t at the end of the day. I know what my next car will be.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Well when i got my car's clutch fixed they gave me a 2002 i35 but from what my dad told me seein he had to go get it cause im not old enough yet, i think u can request if ud like and also dependin if they have one to loan at that time.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My Dad has bought 6 G20s from Beaverton infiniti in Origon over the last 9 years, 2 of them new and 1 QX4. And on top of that he drives down from Tacoma Washington for all his service. they always hook him up fat with the loaners. They even gave him a BMW once.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Every dealership gives you different loaners. The dealerships lease these loan car from corporate infiniti. Most infiniti dealerships will give you a loan car as long as you make a appointment and its not for a oil change. you could keep the loaner as long as their fixing your car no matter how long it takes, but some dealerships will limit you on miles and you would need to pay if you go over.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts