Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to install a 10" or 12" in the rear deck of a P10?:-\

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
I haven't done it myself but I have seen someone who has it done. If you want pictures I can hook you up. If you want to know how it sounds I cant help ya

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GTA_G20 said:
I haven't done it myself but I have seen someone who has it done. If you want pictures I can hook you up. If you want to know how it sounds I cant help ya
Yeah, if you can give some info and pics, I'd surely appreciate it. =)

trbobrk said:
Here is a picture of a 15" sub in the back of that teal NZ P10 with the areotech kit.

Whoa! A little too much for me. But it is encouraging to know that if a 15" can fit, a 12" should be no problem.

My plan(in a few months, I hope) is to add a sub to the stock system, and have it set up so that it'll be a real bitch to steal the sub or the amp without taking a lot time and hassle. :bandit:

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Sorry bro, that was the exact same set up that I myself was going to go with. Thats the idea I'm considering now!

·
Registered
138 Posts
no, dont know anyone with a p10 that has one but if you decide to...make sure the sub is designed for a infinite-baffle (free-air) setup...also dynamatting your rear deck will help with the vibrations...

btw, doing a IB setup is always good for SQ but will suffer some SPL and low end because its not in a box...but i'm sure its loud enough for an average listener

anyways, i suggest getting a JL Audio 10-IB4 or 12-IB4...with like 150-200 watts and it'll jam and sound awesome. good luck

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for the input. I'll let you all know how it turns out.;)

·
Registered
158 Posts
I was just thinking about that too after installing my rear speakers couple days ago! Either 10's or 12's whatever is easier to fit. But it has to be a good free air subs then, huh? Please let me see photo's before I proceed so I could see how it looks;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ok, myth, IB actually does BETTER on the low end than conventional sealed boxes, OR typical ported boxes. I am in the middle of an IB setup using 2-12" drivers. I have chosen Elemental Designs e12a's for my install, they have rather strong motor, they can handle alot of abuse, and have a rather high Qtc making them great for an IB setup. I will be feeding each driver 500w rms from a Soundstream Rubicon 1002.

This is a link to a bunch of my pics, Im sorry the pics are so HUGE!

http://www.soundillusions.net/sites/jlaine/MentalInstall/

·
Registered
15 Posts
thats phat as hell! how can you cut the wholes? can you you remove the rear deck to do this? will you need to get an amp?
i like!!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
:confused: Oh boy..., anyway, no you need a TNT explosive strap in the center of your rear deck, depending on how big the hole you wanted to be..., just kidding folks;) Seriously, you need a jig saw with metal (saw) cutting capability and yeah!, you (must) definitely need an amp to drive any subs.

Good Luck =)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts