Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
It's from the same family of QR engines as the QR25 in the new Altima and Sentra SE-R

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
RCer said:
OK, but, is it more eficient than the SR20?
Does it have more power?

Is it better?

Is it "compatible" with the sr20?
More efficient? Like what, power-to-displacement, gas mileage? What? Well whatever you mean, I'd say yeah. It's newer in design, so it should be more effiicient.

The QR20 is lighter and physically smaller than the SR20. Actually, even the QR25 is lighter and physically smaller. Supposedly, there are a few parts that can actually fit between the two engines *I read something about this in the latest Sport Compact Car [Technobabble] with the R33 Skyline on the cover* SCC was thinkin' about swapping cranks or something, to make SQR23DE or something.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I read the same thing. They said with a little machining, the sr20 crank (smaller stroke=higher rev) would fit quite nice in the qr25. the qr25 comes in the spec-v, which is very torquey because of the large stroke. but naturaly that makes it hate high RPM's. I can't weight until people with lots of money start getting creative with it.

·
Registered
222 Posts
cyl head

they were saying the QR head flows much beatter but i belive the heads were compared off the last sentra roller head and the new QR head so i dont know for sure if the Qr head flows beatter than all sr20 heads or not , id like to see how the Gtir head and the sr20ve head flow compared to the QR head tho , if this is the case that the QR flows beatter that might be and idea for when i get back to florida is fit one to a SR18det ,8000 rpm and wicked flow , cams and valvetrain would need changed tho . i dunno ljust some outloud thinking here.

I would keep the SR20 block crank , and rods as from what the magaizine said and showed the SR20 block is much much stonger so all id want is the head and to find a set of manifolds that would allow a turbo to be placed on ...

going to go read that article again ....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts