Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's up guys. I'm ready to order the TEIN NAs for my 2002 G20. I did my share of research on them but i also want to get some last minute input and information on the TEINs before i order and have them installed. I already know that the TEIN NAs are not really considered a "coilover" spring although they have a height adjustability of only 3 settings: 1.3" 1.7" and 1.9" I heard that most of the people who ride with the TEINs, ride on the 1.7" drop. Sounds like a winner to me. When having them installed, are there any things I should have them do specially? or are there any particular things i should look out for when they're intalling ? like for instance, the shocks are adjustable to correct? what settings should they be at? For those of you who have adjusted your TEINs numerous of times yourself, how hard is it to adjust? is it as simple as just removing the wheel/tire first, then adjusting the spring w/ a certain tool ?? how about the bump stops? I don't want them to rub right? the guys who install the suspension, should i tell them to watch out for those and not hit them? Since i'm paying a good amount of money for the suspension , i really just want it done right and with quality. I don't want a screwed up bouncy ride. that's why i need as much input and information from you guys as I can so I know what to tell the installers what and how i want them installed (if certain things i should look out for). I appreciate it guys ! thanks

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
i dont have that suspension but it seems like common sense to me. First since i have seen this setup before, its a simple bolt on kit. you take out the shock and spring now like one piece and you just put the tein in its place as far as adjusting you can do it your self with trial and error, go somewhere that has bumps and jut see which setup fits you best, also how much are you getting it for?

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Technically the Teins are a 'coilover' setup. Coilover generally means coil spring over shock so even the stock setup is a coilover. I guess most people assume that a threaded height adjustable spring perch is a coilover.

Anyway for the height adjustment you just set it and forget it. If you want to change the height you need to remove the entire suspension and disassemble it. Reset the height and put it back together. Adjusting the shocks is dead simple. The adjustment is on the top of the shock.

Recommendations for assembly. Put some silicon around the top and bottom of the spring perch. This will keep road grit from wedging down in the perch and making adjustment a real pain. This happened on the tein shocks that I sent cueball. I'd also suggest cutting off one 'doughnut' from the bumpstops.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gforces- thanks for your info. So you're saying once i tell the shop to set them to my desired height, (Most likely will drop to 1.7") if I want to adjust again later on down the road I need to take everything apart and set to the height i want all over again? it's not as simple as: I can set anytime i want in a matter of a few minutes? I actually have to take off the whole springs/shocks in order to raise it back up or lower it back down? in the winter i will want to raise it back up a few inches. i can't just crank it back up with a tool and raise it higher in minutes? i would have to undo every spring and adjust it that way? I kinda follow you, but not getting the full jist of the idea.

G-FORCES ---- "If you want to change the height you need to remove the entire suspension and disassemble it. Reset the height and put it back together."

that's a lot of work ! I would have to take it to a shop everytime i want to raise it or lower it. I thought i would be kinda simple and would be able to do it myself. :(

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
CiViCtoG20 said:
I kinda follow you, but not getting the full jist of the idea.
Nope it sounds like you pretty much have the gist of it.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Hey one thing. To adjust the front-pop the hood and your struts are right there to adjust. The back, I haven't tried yet but you have to pull down the rear seats and pull back some paneling. And when you have them installed (assuming your having someone else installing) tell them to set your struts at.....I'd actually tell them use 10 clicks from the hardest setting. Mine are at 11 from the hardest and I think I need to stiffen them up a little sooo... My bumpstops aren't cut down either. Probably need to though. No complaints yet from this suspension.

·
Registered
520 Posts
yeah, they should be pretty dam hot. Can't wait to see when it comes out.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the input guys.

b-boogie or Mr. McCoilover: do you guys know if there are any major differences between the TEIN type NAs and the TEIN type SS ??

One more question: The only thing i don't like about the TEIN NA (from what i'm seeing) you can't adjust the height in minutes. If i was to adjust the height setting (if i wanna go higher or lower), I need to take the whole suspension apart and set to my desired height that way :( like i said, that's too much work ! Do you guys suggest another suspension set-up where as I can adjust the height simply with just a tool and a couple of turns of the spring? WITHOUT taking the whole suspension apart just to lower it or raise it up (ie. TEIN NA) G/C coilovers ? B & G coilovers?? you don't need to take the whole suspension apart to adjust the height on those springs do you? You can adjust the height on those in a matter of a few turns, correct? peace !

·
Registered
520 Posts
Might want to wait a little longer for the Tein SS. These may be what you and I both want. That is the only thing I don't like about the Tein's...if your not a mechanic (such as myself) you can't change the height easily. It's cool cuz I like the setting I'm on, but I would like to be able to slam it to the ground when I go out on the weekend ya know. You might want to wait a lil bit and see what happens wit the new teins.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts