Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Esentially, it seems like it serves the same purpose as those fuel system cleaners that you buy at autoparts stores. It increases gas mileage and power etc...my question is does anyone have any information on whether or not this will be harmful to my injectors o-rings? I believe I read somewhere that fuel system cleaners can be harmful to the o-rings. Please let me know. My friend gave me a capsule to try and for anyone that has not seen them. They look like vitamins and for the first tank I believe you put one full capsule and each additional fill up you put 1/4 of it. My friend said she gained 40 miles to a tank with this.

Thanks for any info.!

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no no no...sorry if I made it seem that way, but she gained 40 miles to a full tank..not to the gallon..lol

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I got the same kind of performance when I put in some Berrymans chemtool fuel system cleaner.. poured into the gas tank back when I was running 87 RON gas.

Berrymans is just a solvent.. and it acted like a slight octane booster.. it got better performance out of that tank and got better gas mileage.. next tank.. the performance and MPG were not there.. (I would not put a chemical in the fuel tank every gas tank unless you like changing out fuel tanks and lines.. most additives are highly corrosive and should only be used infrequently)

Later I ended up bumping the timing to run 89 octane and got just as good mileage and power..

in fact I went from 22 mpg to 24-26mpg after bumping the timing and switching to Mobil 1 oil.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your input! Yeah, I won't be doing it too often. Just on my way to Texas to save a little on gas. Ok, quick question..is it normal for a 99 G20 to get 400 miles per tank? I filled up on Friday and drove about 250+ miles or so on Saturday and when I got home I only used up half a tank..I drove it for about 2 or so more days and my ending miles were at around 380 and I possibly could have gone to 400..the only thing I have changed in the car are the spark plugs and air filter. The car has around 188,000 miles. The spark plugs are range 6 if that makes a difference and when I drove the 250+ miles, all of that was on the freeway and some streets.

EDIT: When I mix my highway and street miles I get around 280-300 miles to a tank, but 380-400 seemed to good to be true. I know they were mostly highway miles, but it still seemed to good.

Thanks for your input guys!

·
Registered
360 Posts
i get around 300 when mixing highway and street miles, and if it was all highway i get about 350-370..so id say yeah its pretty normal for a 99..i have an 02 T

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
of course we are comparing p10 to p11 and the p11's are heavier.. but my p10 with 80/20 interstate/hwy driving with bumped timing, running 89 RON gas, X3racing filter, and mobil 1 oil, with accel motorsport wires.. I averaged about 360 miles to a tank and I have a lead foot so most of the hwy miles were floored... LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts