Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
'Luke'
5,319 Posts
I did. Koni Red. With Eibach Pro kit. Very good combo. Excellent ride.
However, the rears on sale in the link are made for the G20, not for my Primera, so I had to cut the shafts to make them fit.....
Now I'm running EUDM Koni Yellow/Sport with Eibach Pro Kit and I love it even more. If I ever change this combo it will be for the EUDM Intrax coilovers, which are kind of expensive, but custom-made and height-adjustable.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Haven't used Koni Reds, but I've also heard great things about them.

They're supposed to be 3-way adjustable, but harder to adjust than the Yellows.

·
'Luke'
5,319 Posts
JustAnotherG20 said:
Haven't used Koni Reds, but I've also heard great things about them.

They're supposed to be 3-way adjustable, but harder to adjust than the Yellows.
Not adjustable like coilovers, but ' resettable' only if you take them off the car and the only thing you can adjust is the actual dampening, which may become a little less over time. You can reset this. Koni lasts a lifetime....

This also goes for the Koni Yellow. The shock that fits our cars is in no way adjustable in any other way.

There are Konis (Red and Yellow) that do have this option, not for the Prim or G though.

Last year there were some topics about this. Do a search.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Loek said:
Not adjustable like coilovers, but ' resettable' only if you take them off the car and the only thing you can adjust is the actual dampening, which may become a little less over time. You can reset this. Koni lasts a lifetime....

This also goes for the Koni Yellow. The shock that fits our cars is in no way adjustable in any other way.

There are Konis (Red and Yellow) that do have this option, not for the Prim or G though.

Last year there were some topics about this. Do a search.
I stand corrected. I meant 'adjustable' in that you can modify the stiffness of the shock, not the height of the car. Thanks for clarifying so no one would have gotten the wrong idea. :)

·
'Luke'
5,319 Posts
JustAnotherG20 said:
I stand corrected. I meant 'adjustable' in that you can modify the stiffness of the shock, not the height of the car. Thanks for clarifying so no one would have gotten the wrong idea. :)
Hey np man, you were right basically.
Btw: We should have met when I was in SanFran last December (Xmas). Would have liked to see your ride. I was a bit short timewise however. Had a good time anyhow. Is it still that cold down there ? I had a lot of rain.... :baffled:

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
actually there is a way to adjust them without removing the whole setup.
jack car up, take wheels off, jack control arm up slightly, remove top nut from shock and collapse the shock downward, turning it slowly till it engages at the bottom. adjust appropriatly. theses are low pressure shocks so shouldnt be difficult.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I've only had my G for a few months.
It's quite stock and has battle damage from living in a major metropolitan city. :p

It was really cold a few weeks ago, but it's gotten much better.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I have my stock suspension on my p11 and looking to change the suspension. Any recomendation. I had the JIC coilovers on but did'nt like it the ride was too hard. I want a little bit lower and the ride to fell lke stock. Soft.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I had the JIC adjusted all the way high but my car was still too low for my driving. It felt like i had no suspension. The ride was hard like brick and I felt every bump on the road. I also have 17" rim with 205/40/17 tires which did'nt make it any better. I am looking for a inch or 1/2 inch drop because i use my car everyday driving for work in the city.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well my plan is to go with tein Stech springs and koni reds (specials) then im going to cut some rubber 1/2" spring spacers (doughnuts) out of some tire tread for the upper spring perches and cut the bumpstops to correct length. so i sould get maybe a 1 inch drop and a smooth comfortable almost stock ride.

·
Registered
961 Posts
G20 Touring said:
I have my stock suspension on my p11 and looking to change the suspension. Any recomendation. I had the JIC coilovers on but did'nt like it the ride was too hard. I want a little bit lower and the ride to fell lke stock. Soft.

Have these JIC's been sold?

I have some input so it isn't a complete hijack.

Low, profile tires make a ride much worse. My p10 had b&g springs with gr-2's and I loved it. It rode more firm, but it only crashed and couple really bad expansion joints. I also had 205/50/16 tires. I would recommend to anybody to replace all suspension bushings before considering lowering springs or coilovers. It is a night and day difference. I will have all superpro bushing in my p11 before I lower it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts