Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever use "Priceline.com " name your own price? If so, let me know, I would like to know more info about it. It seems too good to be true.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
yeah, used it once for plane ticket. It was about $50 cheaper but you do have to take a gamble as far as the times of the flights (might get redeyes). The other thing is I don't know if you can buy more than 1 ticket so if you are traveling with someone it may be a pain...

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I have used it a lot of times, both for air tickets,rental cars and for hotels....one good way to go if you are looking for flights is to research all the available flights from say Boston to your destination....then when you go to priceline, you will be able to make an educated guess about which flight is being offered...with rental cars,priceline rocks....and they usually use the big companies too....

one major thing to remember : there is NO RESCHEDULING OR CANCELLING once you have booked with priceline. same goes with rental cars-you will not be able to extend the rental period for the same price as you got with pl....

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys, Ill keep it in mind.

i just found it fishy that when i "set my own price" for a round trip. it came out to about $41. the average price is $300 right now.

the catch is i gotta wait from 6am-10pm for a flight. i wonder if that is the only reason why it is so cheap.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Priceline buys up or (commits to buy) blocks of air tickets, rooms, cars, etc. usually at a very low price when the air/room/cars are not in demand. They then sell them to the bidder. If you play it right, you can get VERY GOOD DEALS, however, as noted, you can't change them (as they are prepaid by Priceline). We've used Priceline a lot and it has generally worked out quite well for us, especially traveling in Canada. I believe you can avoid red-eyes on Priceline unless you check a box saying you'd take them. Usually, the airfare times are very reasonable, sometimes better than you can get from other services. They've changed their format periodically too, so many flights you can get without the bidding aspect, unless you want to find something even cheaper.

In my experience, I usually check around for the best deals. Sometimes individual airlines, like Delta, will have sales (see travelzoo.com for announcements), sometimes the best deals are Expedia, or directly from Southwest. It all boils down to how much time you want to shop around and how specific flight times and airports need to be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts