Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I got the M3 mirrors..... finally. I am going to attempt to install them my self tonight. There are 3 screws holes in the mirror that *should* line up with the g20. The onlt thing I am concerned with is the wiring. I have a friend coming over tonight who is good with this stuff but how do I know where to connect the 2 wires (one is black one is white) ***There are only 2 wires because the mirros are manual...I guess they are both for the LED***

I need this info ASAP.
Thanks to anyone who could help.

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
To remove the mirror, open your door and there is a black cover on the inside of the door directly behind the mirror. Just pop it off to expose the 3 nuts.

The two wires for your LED's can be tapped into your side markers if you want to use them as signals.

I doubt however that the holes will line up. It will depend on the mirrors you purchased.

Care to sell your stock mirrors? If so PM me.

·
Registered
58 Posts
LED wires

If the mirrors have LED's, they must be wired for the correct polarity(+ and -) but don't worry, if you get it backwards it will not hurt the LED they just won't light up. For most cars black is ground so, tie the black to a bolt or screw going into medal and the white to your signal OR running light, depending on how you want them to work. If the mirrors have bulbs, instead of LED's, it doesn't matter which wire goes where, Bulbs have no polarity.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The mirrors are APC's for a 96+ honduhhhh civic. I will let you know and update you on the progress of the install...(a few days)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
rob99sp said:
The mirrors are APC's for a 96+ honduhhhh civic. I will let you know and update you on the progress of the install...(a few days)
Alright goodluck cuz if they work im going to steal my friends mirrors from his civic!! lol (hes next to me reading this) haha :bandit: Are they the powered ones? Do they have LEDs on them??

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They have LED's but if you want LED's you must get manual (no choice - no one makes LED/auto mirrors). I might install them to day. I let you guys know.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ahhh crap....I have to wait another night because my friend can't do the wiring tonight :( I guess the install will have to go down on Thursday or the weekend...I can't wait. I'm thinking of geting clear side markers just so everything will match.

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
my friend has a civic with power mirrors and led they do make them. you don't need to wire them to instal them just feed the wire in the door and leave it till your friend can do it. wiring the lights is easy just ground one wire and tie the other wire to the coresponding blinker. wiring is the easiest par if you can't do that you should look into having them professionally installed. no offence

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well, not only do the screw holes not match up to the mirrors (that's no big deal...I'l drill some new holes)...but the mirror's base is a bit too long, and I'll have to shave some material off. Then I gotta get them painted. This should hopefully all go down this week. I just don't know how I can shave the base down while still keeping it smooth. Can I file it..or will the plastic chip? Then if I need to fill it do I use a putty etc? Damn, why did I have to get hit in the first place?

·
Registered
58 Posts
rob99sp said:
By the way does anyone know what bulbs the M3's take. I think the guy screwed up and gave me blue bulbs or white ones in the lights. I wanted amber. They are tiny. About 1/4 of an inch. Is there a manufacturer that I should look for.
They are NOT bulbs but LED's (big difference). You may be able to take the LED out and go to a Radio Shack and see if they have amber. Otherwise, I have seen LEDs advertised on eBay. Good Luck. Do you want to sell the old LEDs?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts