Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
♥
3,947 Posts
unless your going to pick up a nissan interface, and use a laptop to configure settings why not just use autozones free one?

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, i hear that. I have been to autozone and I don't mind using them it's just now they say "we can't clear the codes, it's against the law". So I have to disconnect the battery and let it sit for a while.

Sometimes I want to clear the codes so I can just see if it comes back and if i really have a problem or not.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
merlin said:
"we can't clear the codes, it's against the law"
That is not right. There is no such law. They are BS'ing you. It takes 3 seconds to clear the codes.

I bought the Equis Innova code reader from JC Whitney. There is a special on it now. Do a search on their site for part no. HM274522 For $100 you get a great code reader and the case. Elsewhere on their site the price is $179.
The link below should take you there. I love it.
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Search?catalogId=10101&storeId=10101&sku=HM274522&searchbtn.x=11&searchbtn.y=14

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I have more than one car! Plus there are all the neighbors to think of!

Plus a code reader will pull pending codes that have not yet triggered the dash light.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jjacob said:
I have more than one car! Plus there are all the neighbors to think of!

Plus a code reader will pull pending codes that have not yet triggered the dash light.
That pretty much hits the nail on the head, it's not too annoying to go out and have 'em read but sometimes I'd just rather have it on hand...

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
merlin said:
yeah, i hear that. I have been to autozone and I don't mind using them it's just now they say "we can't clear the codes, it's against the law".
So slip him $30 & say get on with it ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts